cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Preorder a Device Through The Galaxy Forever Plan?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

How To Preorder a Device Through The Galaxy Forever Plan?

I'm fairly new to Sprint and the Galaxy Forever Plan. Im currently on the Galaxy Forever plan and would like to know how would i go about preordering a particular device for my annual upgrade? Basically is there a way to preorder a phone when preorders are open without putting anything out of pocket down to reserve a device? I'm only familiar with paying a certain amount down on the device for the preorder and then paying the rest through the contract. When the preorders are availiable for the Note 9 would i just go to the store or online and preorder the device without putting anything down? When the device has arrived i just swap my phone and/or pay the difference in the months for the 12 month upgrade eligibility and that's it? I understand the phone has not been revealed yet and won't be until the 9th but has anyone preordered a device from the Galaxy Forever plan and care to explain the process?

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wizard

Re: How To Preorder a Device Through The Galaxy Forever Plan?

Hi there. Whenever the preorder is available and you're eligible to upgrade then you could do so online or by calling in to place your order.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

New phones are always great! With the pre-order, we won't know anything until that date is announced. To be able to pre-order you must be eligible to upgrade. To be eligible you would need to pay off the current phone. Also, with the Galaxy forever program, you will have to turn in/send in the old phone.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman

I understand this however I'm more or less asking the process of the entire preorder from a Galaxy Forever plan not specifically the Note 9.

For example: If i had a S8 enrolled in the Galaxy Forever plan and the S9 release was right around the corner and i wanted to preorder the new phone. I've already paid the twelve months between the two devices and I'm eligible for the upgrade. How would i as a customer preorder AND reserve my device without putting any additional money down to reserve the phone? Would i have to go to my local Sprint store and sit down with a rep and just ask to preorder the phone so when they start to ship i can ensure i get my specific device as early as possible? Is the preorder tied to my account so i can just sign into Sprint.com choose the device i want with the specs i like and just wait until the device i ordered makes it to the store at which time i just trade in my old device and get the new one? OR is there no way to reserve the phone on the Galaxy Forever plan and I'd have to wait until the day that my local Sprint store has the new devices and hope the one that i want is there and upgrade from there?

I'm essentially asking how to preorder a device through the Galaxy Forever program and ensure i get the particular device i want while using my upgrade to do so? (Considering my device is structurally sound, works etc..)

Wizard

There is no way for me to say that you won't have to put money down. You can pre-order once it's announced for a device at a store or online. After that when it is released it will be sent right out.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
GrandMaster

since the Note was mentioned keep in mind that im not fully sure it would be considered a device you can do with the Galaxy Forever deal...it isnt a Galaxy device.

not that you were specifically asking about that particular device..just wanted to make sure there wasn't any confusion

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Hi there. Whenever the preorder is available and you're eligible to upgrade then you could do so online or by calling in to place your order.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!

View solution in original post

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.