cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much does it cost to get your phone looked at by a technician?

Journeyman

So I have the LG Rumor Touch. It's been almost one year but the screen doesn't work anymore. When ever I touch it, it doesn't respond but I can still receive and make calls and messages. How much would it cost for me to go into a repair center and have it looked at and possible fixed by a technician?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: How much does it cost to get your phone looked at by a technician?

If you have TEP(Total Equipment Protection), there will be no charge to have your phone looked at and no charge if it needs to be replaced or repaired, as long as it doesn't have any physical damage. If it has physical damage then you will need to file a claim with asurion and pay the non-refundable fee. If you don't have TEP, then there may be a charge of $35.00.

Ray

Journeyman

I had my Rumor repair 2 times within 6 months from each other. I was a heavy user and the screen had the same problem. Also when I would close it from texting it would reboot. I took it to the repair store and I was advised it would be a hour to fix it. That was at 4pm. I came back at 9am and it hadnt even been looked at. I was very upset and chated with someone online that I believed stated I wouldnt pay the 35.00 service fee. I got to the store had to pay the fee and they even saw the notes from the chat rep. Needless to say I never recieved my credit. I have since canceled my phone and gave my phone to my child that isnt a heavy user. I only have the account for my children now and I now have a different provider. I was a faithful Sprint user until I felt mistreated and lied to. I paid my 150. bill monthly and on time. They need to train their CC reps better.

Wizard

Nayzia - It sounds like you may have been at a third-party store. They are still supposed to honor Sprint Care's notes about things like that, but not all do. They aren't governed as strictly as a corporate store is.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.