cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable google voicemail

Journeyman

How to disable google voicemail

Im trying to figure out how to diasble google voicemail from taken over my original carrier voicemail (Sprint). I intergrated my phone with google voice so I could send and recieve text while at work. Is there a way to return to my original voicemail while keeping the text option? I spoke with 3 different people at sprint and they say its not possible. Thanks for any advice

5 REPLIES 5
Sprint Employee

Re: How to disable google voicemail

Hello mancer11, usually to disable google voice you will just have to dial *38 from your phone, but if you ported your number to google voice, or had customer care disable your sprint voicemail more steps may be necessary. please let me know if you have more detail about how you set it up.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Hey, RC1024. I deleted google voice so I can go through the setup again with some advice from you or anyother people here.  So when I add my cell phone number I need to click  Enable Google Voice on your Sprint phone. Then, it brings up a new window saying,

Option 1: Replace your Google Voice number with your Sprint number

Option 2: Replace your Sprint number with your Google Voice number.

Im assuming I want option 1, correct?

Sprint Employee

At this point I need to understand your goal, do you want your cellphone number on sprint, or in google voice? do you want to use sprint voicemail, or google voice for voicemail? or something else?

Journeyman

I want my cell number on sprint and I want to keep sprints voicemail. I just want to be able to view any text that come through my cell phone while at work.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

To be able to see the text messages they would have to be sent to your google voice number, unless you install an app like SMS Backup+, and have it backup regularly.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.