cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix? Texts recieved are time stamped an hour earlier than actual time

Highlighted
Journeyman

How to fix? Texts recieved are time stamped an hour earlier than actual time

My question has been here for a full day, does anyone have some help for me?

This problem originated after the time change.  My phone is set to use network provided values to set the time, and the time on the phone and on outgoing texts is correct.  Incoming texts are time stamped an hour earlier than the actual time.  That makes them out of order in the thread, making it difficult to text a conversation.

I have tried shutting the phone down and taking the battery out and I have done all the updating.  Didn't help.

I am located in zip code 88012, and using a Samsung Transform.    This problem persisted on my trip to Arizona last weekend, where they do not have a time change

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: How to fix? Texts recieved are time stamped an hour earlier than actual time

Marc_NM,

Thanks for the post. I can look into this issue for you. Have you been to a service store to have this looked at? I would like to do some trouble shooting but I will need some delicate info. Please PM me with your phone number, PIN and a description for a refresher. Looking for ward to working with you.

Sean L

Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: How to fix? Texts recieved are time stamped an hour earlier than actual time

I went to the Spring store today and was told that my texting issue is a known problem that is being caused by the network.  Work is being done to try to resolve the issue and there is nothing I can do to make my phone work correctly.

Highlighted
Wizard

Marc_NM,

Thanks for the follow up. I do see the outage in your area. If you provide your cross streets I can let you know if it affecting you directly and any updates on the progress of fixing the tower.

Sean L

Social Care

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.