cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to resolve Google Voice cannot be enabled on this phone...

Journeyman

How to resolve Google Voice cannot be enabled on this phone...

I had Sprint and Google Voice operating together.  I ported my number to Verizon where I ended up with a separate Google Voice number.  I just ported back to Sprint, but keep getting the error "Unfortunately, Google Voice cannot be enabled on this Sprint phone. Please contact Sprint for more details as to why this cannot be enabled." When trying to enable Google Voice on my Sprint number from the Google Voice settings dialog.

So far, Sprint Customer Care hasn't been able to resolve and I have not leads as to why this is.  Can anyone help?

7 REPLIES 7
Master

Re: How to resolve Google Voice cannot be enabled on this phone...

jcbriggs,

We would be happy to look into this for you. Please follow this link http://bit.ly/1qQty1X and Private Message us so that we can access your account to see what needs to be done. We are here to help.

Thank you,

Barry
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks, Barry.  Just sent the PM.

-Jim

Master

jcbriggs, Thank you for your post. Private Messages are answered in the order in which they are received. We will respond accordingly. We appreciate your patience. - Fabienne
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

For anyone taking score...my OP is still not resolved.

Journeyman

I have pretty much the same issue.  I had GV+Sprint integration working fine, then I changed my Sprint calling plan. I was told to temporarily disable GV so they could switch the account to the new plan, now I can't re-enable GV+Sprint. I get the same error jcbriggs originally posted. This happened a few days ago, and to their credit Sprint's customer support has called me back a few times to give status updates. Unfortunately, those updates are always, "We still don't know what's going on." It's annoying as hell.

Master

Narbat

Here to assist, may I ask for you to send us a private message so we can take a look at what needs to be done please.

Follow the link: http://bit.ly/1qQty1X

Speak with you soon.
Krishel
Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Narbat,

You're going to be frustrated.  I spoken with multiple people at Social Care, Customer Care and even the Network people in Oklahoma (yes, Social Care escalated the issue to the Network people!).  It is my opinion based on the many people that I spoke with that few people know anything about the integration of Sprint with GV.

Head over to the Google help forums.  There is a community there that will try to help you including what appears to be some direct messaging to the Google engineers seeking to resolve these problems.  The error that we have been getting is not entirely accurate, I've found and the issue may be with Google.

I'm still not resolved myself, but have found no assistance on the Sprint side.  Good luck!

Jim

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.