cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hurricane Sandy NJ service outage - when will it be back up?

Journeyman

Hurricane Sandy NJ service outage - when will it be back up?

Hi, since Hurricane Sandy came through my Sprint service has been showing "Extended"  and a "o" at the top instead of "3G". I would assume this means a cell tower got knocked out. I live in zipcode 07069. My land line was also knocked out so I am cut off from communications with no power or Internet at the house. Calls to and from my phone in that area are dropped before they can connect. Sometimes SMS goes through after a long delay but no data available. I have to drive to Berkeley Heights to get a signal. Any idea when cell service will be repaired?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES

Re: Hurricane Sandy NJ service outage - when will it be back up?

SylvieDale

Thanks for your post! I know it can be bad to not have any service for communication and I apologize for that. Our techs are currently very busy trying to get damages to the towers fixed. I can keep you updated if anything new comes a long while they are being fixed. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to help as best as possible!

Thank you,

Krishel

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm in zipcode 07054 and still no 3G coverage indoors or outdoors...it is a pain when it is your only way to know what is happening. when are the cell towers in this area going to be back in service?  

How do we know this issue is being resolved? is there a phone number to report or get updates or something?

Wizard

MNYNYS,

We have an estimated time of repair for 11/11/2012 at 18:00 CST. We do not have a hotline to call to just check the status of a certain ticket, but you can always call into Care and ask for an update on ticket 9671144.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.