cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got a text message back saying the text I sent was to a landline and 25 cents for any future text to landlines.

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

I got a text message back saying the text I sent was to a landline and 25 cents for any future text to landlines.

I sent a text message to someone.  I thought it was that person's cell phone number.  It wasn't.  It was a land line number.  I got a text back from Sprint initially saying I'll have to pay 25 cent to send the message but then it said that my first message is free!   It then say all future text to landline would be 25 cents if I opted in.  How do I make sure that no text to landline past thru and instead it should say "undeliverable"?   Anyway, I have never heard of a text to landline and I don't want any surprise charges!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
10 REPLIES 10
Master

Re: I got a text message back saying the text I sent was to a landline and 25 cents for any future text to landlines.

nsdq160th10 - I can understand your concern in regards to this matter. As long as you don't respond "Y", will not be opted in for this feature. - Kareem
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Re: I got a text message back saying the text I sent was to a landline and 25 cents for any future text to landlines.

I received a couple or more text reply asking me if I want to send the message, reply with "y" and it will cost 25 cents.  Explain how this mobile to landline text works.  how does a landline get a text message?  is this a new service?  I want to opt out of it completely.  if I send another text to landline, will I be getting the same alerts again?  Answer all my questions; not just 1 or 2 answer.  all of it.  Thanks!

Master

nsdq160th10 - Text to Landline converts a text message to a voice message and delivers the message to the landline phone. If you try to send another text to a landline you will receive the same alert again. In order to stop the messages and opt out of this service, text STOP to 9360. I hope this answers all of your questions. If you have any additional questions, please let me know and I will do my best to assist you. - Kareem
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

so when I send a text message to a landline phone number, it would actually "CALL" the number and a "robot" would read the "text message"?  Is that how it works?  what happens if it goes to the landlines voicemail system?  does it have time to speak the message after the greeting starts?  where can I get more information about this type of service?  I sent a text to 9360 with stop but I did not get a response back on that text.

Master

nsdq160th10 - Yes, when you text to a land-line phone number, the text is converted into speech and delivered. When the land-line goes without answer, the speech is delivered to the voicemail. Please follow this link http://sprint.co/1l4Af8n for more information. Let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns. We are here to help. - Suszette
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

why don't the annoying msgs asking us to accept the .25 charge, also tell us how to STOP the annoying msg? I have rec'd 4 msgs in the last 2 hours and none included instructions on how to stop the msgs. That's what led me to this page. I did reply STOP, let's see if it works...but how to stop the msgs should have been included in the msg to begin with.

GrandMaster

unless you already have you will need to ask this question in the customer service forum.  site changes as of a month ago so now all non phone specific questions are taken care of in there.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thx. After replying STOP yesterday, I haven't rec'd any more texts. So, hopefully it worked.

GrandMaster

no worries. if you run into any future issues make sure to hop into the cs area..if its a specific device there are forums dedicated to those as well to help keep things a bit more on track..ish.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Re: I got a text message back saying the text I sent was to a landline and 25 cents for any future t

Which it wasn't a landline it was a cell phone
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.