cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm trying to delete my Sprint phone from Google Voice, now I cannot receive Voicemail

Journeyman

I'm trying to delete my Sprint phone from Google Voice, now I cannot receive Voicemail

I gave my Sprint phone to a family member so I turned off  Google Voice for this line.  Now whenever the phone is called, I'm  prompted to

"Please enter the number you wish to dial, followed by the pound sign"

When I enter the number, I hear "I'm sorry, I didn't catch that, please enter the number you wish to dial, followed by the pound sign" Over and over and over.

So I  re-enabled Google Voice on that line, and now I get my Google Voicemail  greeting, but the Sprint handset doesn't receive any notice that there  is a voicemail.

I need to restore my Sprint phone to the functionality it had before I started Google Voice.

I  thought that it might be "call forwarding" so I disabled call  forwarding by dialing *740, and I heard a tone as if it were accepted.

Screenshot of where I'm at now
http://i.imgur.com/pWwBD.jpg

And I don't understand why there's a link to "Enable Google Voice on  your Sprint phone" if Google Voice is already enabled on the phone.

I want to DISABLE Google Voice on this phone and obviously deleting the phone from my Google Voice account doesn't do the trick.

1 REPLY 1
Master

Re: I'm trying to delete my Sprint phone from Google Voice, now I cannot receive Voicemail

Go to Settings in the upper right hand corner of the Google Voice screen on your browser. Go to the Phones tab... Select the phone you want to remove GV voicemail from. Click the 'Show advanced settings' link... Next to the 'Forwarding Options' near the bottom of the list... click on the 'Deactivate' link.

Other option would be is send me the phone number that is having an issue with voicemail via private message so that I can check if there is any Google code on your phone line and I can do test call and troubleshoot voicemail issue.

To disable the call forwarding you need to dial *720.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.