cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International High Speed Data Pass - London UK (EWD Acct)

Go to solution
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

International High Speed Data Pass - London UK (EWD Acct)

Hello!

Just wanting to confirm from anyone who's taken a Sprint LTE / GSM phone (LG V30+ in this case) to London UK that once I connect to the London network I'll get a text message with a link to set up the High Speed data pass.

Is that exactly how it works?  Sending my son to London (without me) over Christmas break for a band tour and want him to be able to post photos and such.

Thanks for any confirmation, information about roaming in London on a Sprint LTE phone etc.

--  Will England

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6 REPLIES 6
GrandMaster

Re: International High Speed Data Pass - London UK (EWD Acct)

i do not have an answer for this one...just wanted to say "WHOA!! its Will Smiley Very Happy"
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

Hey @wingland, I don't have that info (or that amazing experience, how cool!) but I'll find out and get it to you ASAP.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

That'll be great - just want to be sure we have all our ducks in a row before he gets there!
Sprint Social Care

Good morning! That's correct. Once your son arrives in London he will receive a Welcome text which will give him the option to opt in for high speed data. Make sure you have Global Roaming added to his line to make sure he receives the SMS. Click here to learn more.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care

Appears to have worked - he's uploading photos today and I see the $25 Euro Weekly High Speed Data Pass on our bill.  Fantastic bargain for international roaming data.  Waiting to hear back from him on how fast the LTE data is on the LG V30+.  

Well it worked.  He landed, got an SMS and was able to easily activate a weeks data pass.  Given the phone is running bands not fully supported in London, here's his brief review:

"Not amazing but functional. I can load Google and maps".

He's been able to post photos to Facebook and Google photos is automatically backing up his data.  He's used 2.3 gig of data in 5 days, so it's working pretty well.  

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.