cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International SMS Text Problem

Journeyman

International SMS Text Problem

I have a samsung galaxy 7 edge.  I visit Ecuador nearly half the time due to business.  Since November 1st 2017, I no longer get SMS text messages while in Ecuador.  I only get <<Content not supported>> when I get texts from like Amazon or from services which send a PIN which I need to confirm.  But for years it worked fine.  Is there something that changed or can I do something to fix this.  Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Sprint Social Care

Re: International SMS Text Problem

wtiger,

Hey! Thank you for reaching out. Is this only occurring with just one contact or multiple contacts? Is the device software up to date? Have you performed any troubleshooting steps to the device?

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hello

Multiple sources come across with <<content not supported>> now.  It happened on Nov 1st, for I had texts come through from Amazon on 10/31 fine.

Software up to date

Other than searching the internet, no other troubleshooting has occurred

Sprint Social Care

wtiger,

Can you please provide me with a screenshot with the "content not supported" error?

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Screenshot_20180306-123321.pngScreenshot_20180306-123334.png

Sprint Social Care

wtiger,

Please try sending a text message to yourself and let me know if you receive the same content. Does this occur with phone numbers while in Ecuador or when you try to send messages to any other number?

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

No, all normal texts are fine.  It is purely SMS texts from companies like Amazon.  Or when a company texts you a pin number or something and I am in Ecuador.  It is fine when I am in the United States.  But it is something that just changed on Nov 1st.

Sprint Social Care

In that case, let's take closer look into this. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.