cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just changed Sprint numbers on my phone, how do I change Google Voice integration?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just changed Sprint numbers on my phone, how do I change Google Voice integration?

I thought I might have some issues with Google Voice when I did this. I went to the Sprint store to change my phone number. My phone number got changed on my device. For some reason I can't make calls or send text right now and the Sprint store rep said to give it a day.

My other concern was the Google Voice integration. I went to settings on Google Voice, and on the phones tab I my old number was still there:

Your Google Voice Number

(602) 761-1648

- enabled by Disable

I selected disabled, attempted to disable and received this message:

"Google Voice cannot disable the Sprint integration on this phone. Please contact Sprint for more details as to why this cannot be disabled.

So I'm wondering, how do I switch over Google Voice to my new phone number? What's the process? Should I have disabled Google Voice first before going over to the Sprint store to change my phone number? Do I have to factory reset my phone? What? Thanks for any help or assistance.

1 REPLY 1
Sprint Social Care

Re: Just changed Sprint numbers on my phone, how do I change Google Voice integration?

PeteyPablo623

Thank you for reaching out to us. That's correct, Google voice has to be disable before  changing phone number or swap. Let's try some troubleshooting, what's the make and model of your device? Let me know, I here to assist you.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.