cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost clock app on home page

Journeyman

Lost clock app on home page

I have somehow managed to remove the app on the home page that showed the time & weather on my HTC EVO 4G.  Can anyone help me get it back?  Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Lost clock app on home page

Cowboy_Bob,

Thank you for the post. I can definitely understand the frustration with losing one of your favorite applications, especially when you are used to seeing it in the same place each day. I can definitely help you get this widget back to your phone.

Now just to get started, it sounds like this was one of the stock widgets the "cLock" where it shows the weather and the time; HTC may have a specific version so we may need to do a little hunting for this widget. From your main screen go to the applications icon, where it shows all of your installed applications. From here you should see a widgets tab on the top of this screen. Select that and scroll through your widgets until you see one that resembles the clock that you are missing. Once you find it simply hold your finger on it and it will take it to your last home screen you were on before going to the applications list. Simply move and navigate the widget to your place of preference.

An alternative to this option is to hold your finger on an empty part of your main screen until a menu pops up. Select widgets and then find the clock widget that you want and it will drop it onto the page as well.

I hope that this information helps you to get your screens back to their normal arrangements, and let me know if you have any questions.

Nick

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Thank you for your quick response.  You are correct in that I am referring to the stock "Clock" widget that showed the time and weather.

At the bottom of the phone

I can click Menu...All Apps and get a listing of all app available on the phone.  However, there is no Widgets Tab at the top.  (I had already tried moving the Clock App to the home screen by holding my finger on it and moving it until the home screen appeared.  When I got to the home screen where the Clock/Weather widget had been a large green box outline appeared and I dropped the app into it.  It did not expand out to appear as it had originally so I deleted it.)

or

I can click on Menu...Settings...Applications...Manage Applications and get a window where there are four tabs at the top.  They are Downloaded, All, On SD Card, and Running.

If I click All and scroll through the list there are two entries; Clock and Clock Widget.  Putting my finger on the Clock Widget does not allow me to move it.  Holding my finger on the Clock Widget does nothing but open the widget settings screen when I lift my finger off of it.

Your alternative of holding my finger on the main screen until a menu appears partially works, but when I select widgets the Clock Widget in not among the list.  There is a Weather Widget which looks as if it will show the time.  I selected that and now I have Weather but no time.

Journeyman

Cowboy_Bob,

Thanks for the update on our widget situation here. I apologize that my first option didn't work, and after getting your response I tracked down an HTC Evo and played around with it to get more of a feel for it. Looks as though the widget tab in your applications is not part of the HTC overlay.

The second method I advised you of, putting your finger on the home screen, is the method that is recommended and outlined in this tutorial http://support.sprint.com/support/tutorial/Add_or_Remove_a_Widget_HTC_EVO_4G_LTE/38234-78. However from your feedback it sounds as though there could be an error with the widget itself as it is not showing the time, nor is it showing up in your widget menu. This could complicate the situation as it is a stock app, and while you can retrieve this application you may have to complete a factory reset which will return the phone to the state it was in when you first got it. A tutorial on how to complete this is here http://support.sprint.com/support/tutorial/Perform_a_Master_Reset_HTC_EVO_4G_LTE/38234-101.

Now that would be the last resort for this situation, and would recommend checking through the Google Play Store for any alternatives that may fit the role or you may even be able to find the same HTC Evo widget that seems to have become corrupted. I appreciate your patience and hope that these tutorials help to resolve the widget issue. Let me know if they don't or you have any other questions.

Nick

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Thank you again for your quick responses.

I will have to give your latest advice a try later.  Run out of time to play with it at the moment.

However it works out I will post back and let you know for future reference.

Thanks.

Journeyman

Cowboy_Bob,

Thank you for the update. It's my pleasure to help you as I want to help you get this fixed so you can get back to enjoying your device and bring back some of that normalcy these widgets add. Let me know if either of these steps helped to correct the issue. I look forward to your response.

Nick

Sprint Social Care

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.