cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS from sprint to new sprint

Highlighted
Journeyman

MMS from sprint to new sprint

I posted this question to sprintcare on twitter, but realized it is crazy to talk in 150 characters... 

Hi folks, this weekend we moved/ported my fiance's att phone # to sprint on her new iphone 6. 

I have a LG G3, and I use hangouts/google voice as my primary texting/mms program.  I use hangouts/google voice for my voicemail as well.

Before when she was just at ATT I could easily send her MMS messages without any problems.

Now that she has been ported to sprint, I received a SprintFreeMsg: You are trying to send a message to a carrier/country that is not enabled.  Please visit sprint.com and search Country Codes.

For the record, I CAN send a MMS without any problems if it goes through MMS.  The problem only seems to be if it tries to go through Google Voice.

Would this issue be because we did the port and somehow google voice needs to know it moved?

The Strange part is that I get an error back from Sprint, not google voice via the SprintFreeMsg...

Anyone have any thoughts?  Do I maybe need to be patient, or just somehow force MMS to send her a message.

OH and if she sends me something it is fine.

Thanks

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Master

Re: MMS from sprint to new sprint

Steve-Santinelli,

I'd be more than happy to assist. Has she tried to unsubscribe from Google Voice & then subscribe again? If not, have her try that. Let me know how it goes.

- Regina
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

SHE does not have a google voice account, I do on my G3, and it gets used via hangouts.

Master

Steve-Santinelli,

Since this issue seems to be associated with Google -voice, I would try to un-subscribe it from your line on the LG G3 and re-install it. Please let me know the results.

Thank you,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I don't have google voice Installed on the phone, everything goes through hangouts, and hangouts, being part of the android ecosystem, cannot be uninstalled.

Master

Steve-Santinelli, Can you disable the hangouts and then re-enable it? Try that and let us know. - Fernendez
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi Fernendez, I did try disabling hangouts and enabling, but because of the poor network at work, messages are only going out via the voice channel, like a regular text/mms message, instead of google voice.

I will try again once I'm out of the office and update.

Also, with trying to understand the error, I'm wondering if it NEEDS the +1-603-566-xxxx information instead of 603-566-xxxx.

Master

Steve-Santinelli, Ok, you should definitely try that when you get a stronger signal. That can also be a solution by adding +1. Are you having this issue with others that you text? - Fernendez
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.