cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magic Box issues

Journeyman

Magic Box issues

It shows location fixed and locked.  It displays correct time, but all my devices that are connected to it are an hour behind.  I have to go into settings on device and turn off "set time automatically" they do fine when I'm not home, but as soon as I walk in the door, they revert back.  

Yes, I did reboot box and checked time while it was rebooting, and time was fine.  As soon as it booted, time went back an hour.  Did a factory reset on box and time goes back to good, but after it did initial setup, back to wrong time on devices. 

Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
Sprint Social Care

Re: Magic Box issues

Hello @jpwhre, we are checking with the Magic Box Support team to check what's going on. I'll reach out to you as soon as I get an update.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Any word on this?  Side note, I live in Arizona.  We don't have daylight savings time.  And the gps is 'locked" on the device.  It has correct time itself, I haven't set my devices back to auto set time based on location, probably should since dst has changed to see if my devices go back to showing wrong time or not. 

Sprint Social Care

Hello jpwhre. We don't have an update on this issue yet. Let me see what can be done. We just sent you a Private Message, please reply back as soon as you can.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm in the same boat. I have a magic box in Louisville Kentucky. When my phone connects to it, my phone is an hour behind. Soon as I leave, the time is correct. The magic box shows the correct time. I am a Google Fi subscriber, but my wife is on Sprint. Her phone time is an hour behind as well. 

Journeyman

Sprint_Juan
 Sprint Social Care Sprint_Juan Sprint Social Care 
 a week ago
For the time being the resolution was to manually change your device. You can also contact our Mobile Broad Band Department that can help you resolve this 

Got this in a PM, I haven't called,  but I'm happy to find I'm not the only one.   I've done a speed test and get near 100mbs about 1/4 mile from my home.   So I could only imagine that this could be happening to a lot of customers in my area.
Journeyman

I think my solution will be to unplug the Magic Box until the problem is solved! It's crazy that the time on the front of the MB is correct. Keep me posted! Thanks for the reply.

Journeyman LET
Journeyman

Every time I plug in the magic box within  a few hour it knocks my comcast WiFi offline. Are there any solution to this issue?

Journeyman

I use my phone as an alarm and was rudely woken up 2 hours earlier than expected, only to find my phone suddenly saying I was in Highland, Texas (I'm actually in Los Angeles, CA).  I didn't know what to do, as it was 5:30a, I was confused, groggy, and wasn't sure what to Google to fix it, or was I being HACKED IN MY SLEEP?!?!  Ack!  Anyway, I remembered that the Magic Box was the only thing that had changed from one night to the next, and, although the device was displaying the correct time for LA, I took a chance and unplugged it.  My phone came back to me in LA (I do hope it enjoyed it's visit to TX, however), and my alarm went off just under 2 hours later as it should.  Please do let us know when this weird issue is fixed.  Like everyone else, I'm going to keep the box unplugged until we get instructions on how to make it work properly.  Until then, I will continue to live with crappy reception in LA, and not 5 bars awesome in Highland, TX.

Thanks!

Sprint Social Care

Good morning @KGIKZ2025, we'll be checking with our Device support team to see if we have a solution for this.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Good morning guys, our Support Team wants to investigate this further, please send me a private message if you are still having this issue.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

How does one do that?
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.