cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus 5X LTE fails for days at a time / 3G works

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nexus 5X LTE fails for days at a time / 3G works

Hello, I'm having issues with my LTE staying connected. My voice service/SMS is fine. It appears that whenever I leave the Columbus, OH area my LTE services won't work for a day or two. I've done #*#4636#*# and it says my data network and voice network types are LTE. It says voice service is In Service but data service is Disconnected. I've also tried #*#72786#*# but that doesn't help either. Also did PRL and Device Config updates.

I've popped my SIM card in and out several times.  I've factory reset as well.  Left the device completely powered down for 10 minutes.

If I switch provisioning to CDMA (auto) only it will hop on 3G just fine and show as EvDo.RevA
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Nexus 5X LTE fails for days at a time / 3G works

Good morning jrgrumbles. I'll need to access your account to confirm some information, but first I would like to review the coverage. You stated that you have good LTE signal while in Columbus, OH, can you please provide me nearest cross streets and ZIP code of the location where you are experiencing the issue? 

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

It's not a coverage issue really.  Even after I return to areas where there is known LTE coverage that worked fine before my phone refuses to come up on LTE data.

Dialing *#*#4636#*#* shows both Voice and Data network types of LTE.  Voice service shows In Service and Data Service shows disconnected.  If I switch it over to a preferred network type of CDMA only data comes up as 3G (EVDO.RevA).

Highlighted
Journeyman

jrgrumbles. Thanks for the explanation, I will send you a Private Message, so you can confirm some information.

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.