No Caller ID

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

No Caller ID

hello

I got a call last night from my Doctor 

the show up as No Caller ID 

and when i check recent calls on my iphone no number shows up and the all of the bottons on are grey out like call message and it does't even show a number/ how did he do this ? Can i get something like this to prevent telmarkers and scammers calling me ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Re: No Caller ID

Howdy @deotur12, it sounds like your doctor has Caller ID blocked on his line.  You can enable this for yourself through your My Sprint account, just follow these instructions:

1. Access My Sprint account
  2. Locate the phone that will have the caller id block.
  3. Select Change my services.
  4. In the Setup your phone section, select the Block Caller ID option
    • To unblock on a per call basis, enter *82 and the phone number when dialing.
    • To unblock all calls, deselect the Block Caller ID option through the same processed used to set up

Unfortunately, scammers often dial numbers completely at random, meaning that they're not actually calling you specifically, they're just dialing a random number hoping someone answers.  Telemarketers either work this same way (a computer dials a random number or every number in a certain area code and exchange) or through 'lead lists' that they purchase from companies that sell your information.  Blocking Caller ID cannot prevent these kinds of calls, but you can put yourself on the National Do Not Call Registry.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".