cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Software Update button...Galaxy S3

5 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: No Software Update button...Galaxy S3

Just got the same message. It's just to let us know that we will receive the update within the next couple of weeks. :-)

Similar update message:

http://m.sprint.com/mobile/landings/replenish_mr.html?ECID=MSMSmiley FrustratedZ:201201Smiley FrustratedZTIPSREPLENISHMR#tocSoftware

Journeyman

http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/sprint_samsung_l710/eec955eb4a5b.update_SPH-L710_LI3_...

manually download this

Place on root of sdcard

boot into recovery(Hold Volume up,power and menu) Let go of the buttons when you see blue letters at top

And select Install update (use volume keys to navigate and menu to select)

and bam jelly!

Journeyman

You should be able to download it frm the pop up message?

Journeyman

I've tried the Update Samsung Software and it was a no go. I've also got nothing in my notifications. The message i got from sprint was a popup message, not sure where it came from, I also can't find it anywhere on the phone. Maybe I'm not getting the update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's in system update menu. And then click "update Samsung software". OR you should be able to select on the drop down notifcation area.

Journeyman

No Software Update button...Galaxy S3

OK, so I just got my Galaxy S3 and I received a message from Sprint saying that my Jelly Bean Update was now available. I was told to go my Settings, then click About Device and then click Software Update to begin the update. The problem I'm having is that there is no Software Update in the About Device menu. The only clickable options I have are Status and Legal Information. Any ideas as to why I'm missing the Software Update option and how I go about updating to Jelly Bean without it?