cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No calls inside my house... network outage???

Journeyman

No calls inside my house... network outage???

I get 1 to 2 bars inside my house, been happening for a coupld of weeks now. Tech support has told me twice that there is a network outage in my area (43223, Sullivant ave. & Hague ave) & have given me two different dates when it will be resolved... Problem is, if its a network outage, why can I use my phone on my front porch, but as soon as I step inside the front door, I lose connection, or I skeep connection, and I can hear them but they can't hear me. How is inside my house no service- outside my house service a network outage issue?

6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

Re: No calls inside my house... network outage???

Thanks for your post. The reason that you can receive signal on your porch, but not in your home, is because the tower closest to you is experiencing an outage, so you’re acquiring signal from a tower that is further away. Based on how much further it’s located from you, it is not providing a strong enough single, for coverage within your home. Technicians were waiting on replacement parts from the manufacture for that tower, and based on their last update shows they should have the matter resolved soon.

Morris L.

Social Media Care

Journeyman

Seems to be better today.. I only have 3 bars @ home, but am not dropping calls or having them go straight to VM. So far so good. Thank you.

Journeyman

Guess I spoke too soon, it was good for about 1 week, but now Im dropping calls again & calls are again going straight to VM.   SPRINT.... WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON???

Master

Sorry for the frustration.  Looking at tower performance yesterday I do see the tower performance fell to unacceptable levels.  That was correct about 11 o'Clock last night.   Is your phone performing correctly now

Journeyman

No its not.. Seems ODD to say the least that everytime I complain, someone tells me there is SUDDENLY a problem with my tower.... This is a CONTINUOUS problem! It is obviously not being fixed properly if it keeps going out every few days. Sitting in my house this evening & I am showing EXTENDED service. This is crazy! Thinking I need to contact my lawyer & the media!

Community Manager

I can see why you'd be super upset. I am sure from your perspective is seems like one continuous problem, it would seem that way to me too.  I liken these sorts of situations to a car.

Let's say one day that your car won't start.  You do some tests and they indicate that you have a dead battery.  Great, simple solution.  You replace the battery.  Unfortunately, your starter was also going, but there wasn't any way to know it until you replaced the battery.  In fact, the increased crank power of a new battery can cause a failing starter to finally break.  These are actually two different problems but they seem to be the same because to you and me, they have the same effect: you can't get to where you need to go.

I apologize for the situation and inconvenience.  I know how frustrating it is to be out of communication, especially, if, like me, you no longer have a land line in the house.  Hopefully, we now know about everything that's wrong and are on our way to getting you back to clear, consistent service.

*Christy

Sprint Social Care

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.