cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd phone calls: neither side called the other

Journeyman

Odd phone calls: neither side called the other

Several times now I've received phone calls from numbers I don't recognize.  When I answer, the other side claims that I called them (which I didn't). Most recently this happened yesterday.  Call came in at 3:57 PM, which I didn't answer.  Call came in at 4:36 PM from a different (but similar) number.  When I answered, he said he was returning my call from about an hour earlier.

One of these calls also came in on 6/27 at 7:09 PM.

In all three cases, the first 6 digits were the same as each other, and the same as my phone number.  Only the last four digits differ.

Is this a scam?  Is this a glitch in Sprint's phone service?

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: Odd phone calls: neither side called the other

Andyvan

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know what's going on. I know this is a bit concerning. Let's try some troubleshooting to get it resolved. We can try resetting the network settings on the device. What phone do you have? Are there other lines on your account experiencing this same issue? Were there any recent changes made to your line (phone number, plan, features, etc.) when this began to occur? Also, when you call these numbers back, is it someone at company, or do they seem to be personal lines? Let me know. I'll be awaiting your response so we can work together to resolve this issue.

Desiree
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

I have an S3.  No other lines are experiencing this.  No recent changes to my account or phone. They seem to be personal lines.

Journeyman

I now see that somebody else had the same problem in Dec. 2012.  See sudden wrong number calls

Master

Sorry that this is occurring! I know you want to get this taken care of ASAP. Please private message with information that includes a link to this post, your pin or answer to the security question, and your cell number. We can take a look at your account to help solve this issue. Thank you for choosing Sprint, we appreciate you doing business with us!

- Sheila
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.