Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture Mail on Sprint.com

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Picture Mail on Sprint.com

When did they stop you from seeing your picture mail on Sprint.com? This was convient for me since I transferred phones.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

dzt77,

Decommissioning the picture mail account was a decision that Sprint made and unfortunately do not have more information about this. As for us getting it back, I dont believe this will happen. Here is some information that was giving to us by the picture mail manager Ginger.

"Picture Mail online website storage was discontinued as of 6/18/12 and will not be reinstated.  All media stored at the previous site has been purged and is not recoverable.  Any future product or service opportunities for cloud storage which may include photos is in design and development stage and upon deployment would be applicable as a go-forward approach."

Regards,

Ginger

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted

The picture mail website was fully decommisioned on 06/18/2012.

Ray

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ray,

I understand that the sprint picture mail has been decommissioned in June 2012, but WHY?

There are many Sprint customers who were using the ability to send a photo to an e-mail account.

Is there any interest in bringing it back?

I, for one, and there appears to be many more, would like to use this service.

Can you help?

Highlighted

dzt77,

Decommissioning the picture mail account was a decision that Sprint made and unfortunately do not have more information about this. As for us getting it back, I dont believe this will happen. Here is some information that was giving to us by the picture mail manager Ginger.

"Picture Mail online website storage was discontinued as of 6/18/12 and will not be reinstated.  All media stored at the previous site has been purged and is not recoverable.  Any future product or service opportunities for cloud storage which may include photos is in design and development stage and upon deployment would be applicable as a go-forward approach."

Regards,

Ginger

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Wizard

I've read elsewhere that Picturemail was discontinued for a number of reasons, but the top two are

1. Fewer and fewer people were using it.
  2. Major smartphone platforms have free, competitive services.

For Android, you get automatic picture storage "in the cloud" with Google+. There's something equivalent for Apple.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi  Ray,

Any chance the rest of us will be given another opportunity to retrieve our pictures?

I for one do not want Picturemail back; I just want my pictures!

I discovered that the site was gone a week after it was decommissioned. I then proceeded to check whether I had received any notifications. None whatsoever.

Since I don't receive a physical bill I had no chance to spot it on there either.

I am sure Sprint understands that there are a lot of customers who are in the same boat, so why not give everyone an early holiday present?

I have contacted customer service a couple of months ago, and they chose not to respond.

I have been with Sprint for a decade now, but this has seriously shaken my faith. Who knew our pictures were not ours to keep?

Many people lost irreplaceable memories!

Highlighted

MERIPASALIC1,

I wish I am able to give you the answer that you are wanting but according to Ginger(picture mail manager), all pictures from the picture mail website has been purged and unrecoverable. I am so sorry that you never recieved any notification about this.

Ray

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your reply.

Just as a hypothetical question: what happens if you are served with a subpoena and the pictures previously stored on this server are vital to the trial?

I just don't understand how Sprint failed to notify some of us! Even upon looking through all of my Sprint e-mails a third time I was not able to find any notification. I literally discovered that all of my pictures were gone a week after the server was "decommissioned".

It is pretty sad that in 10 years of service my one and only request cannot be fulfilled. For what it's worth, I will be switching to another provider. Sprint clearly doesn't care about loyalty.

Thanks for nothing Sprint!

Highlighted
Journeyman

so there is NO WAY I can retriev any old photos ???

Highlighted
Wizard

kevncori,

After 6/18/12, all uploaded media is not recoverable on Sprint Picture Mail website. Sprint does not have any access to retrieve pictures from the online storage site. The ability to take, receive, or share pictures and videos from the phone is not affected by this change.

-Ruth E

Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I need to return my picturemail to my phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

we have lost our pictures

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.