cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan ended for me, family still under contract thru October/December

Journeyman

Plan ended for me, family still under contract thru October/December

Ok, so here is where I am at:

1.  20 year Sprint customer at the end of a contract for my phone - commitment expired this month.   1500 Plan with my wife (expires in October), and my kids (expires in December).

2, In years past I always selected an upgrade and got a new phone at or around contract renewal, spending $200 or $300 each time.

3.  Sprint has discontinued the plan for us (i.e. get a new phone every 2 years, which was 18 months at one point, and even a year at one point).  

What are my options for a new phone, and does it pencil out?   Sprint has not been good to us in recent years....(i.e. screwing us on the 2 year commitment deal, even though we have been w/Sprint for 20 years)

1.   Can I buy an unlocked phone and use it on the account until my wife & kids expire later this year?   And then go anywhere I want - completely free?

2.  What deal will Sprint make with me, (and my wife and kids) to retain me?   Not so much interested in all the games on plans, etc.   If I should stay with Sprint, WHY?

3.  I do not want to 'lease' a phone.  I think this is a racket to be honest, a real bad deal.  I'd prefer the old loyal customer route whereby nothing changed and I got a new phone every two years....I was never ever thinking of changing until Sprint did a number on us.

So what are my options....?   One is, of course, waiting until December and then leaving for good to one of the other providers.  What I do not want is a hassle, the run around, and slimey service.

Regards.

3 REPLIES 3
GrandMaster

Re: Plan ended for me, family still under contract thru October/December

just tossing this out there but no matter which carrier you go to you will be either paying for a phone through lease or installment billing. they ALL are doing this. its a carrier standard now..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

No, I can also buy my own phone elsewhere and go contractless.     

I never once envisioned switching and moving on until Sprint hosed me.   20 years and they kick me to the curb.   Sad.

Sprint Social Care

Hello @SprintCustomer.

Most of the offers that are available at the moment are upgrades through our Sprint Flex lease program, since with it you have the best way to get the latest phone, with the flexibility to own, the flexibility to upgrade and specially, the flexibility to not get stuck with an old device. 

I'd like to take a look at the deals available for you to upgrade your lines at the best price possible. Please check your inbox, I'll send you a private message shortly.

Joel
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.