Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plans for new towers in 92584?

Journeyman

Plans for new towers in 92584?

I have seen the Sprint coverage map & read the fine print.. No guarantees. I have also looked up tower locations on Open Signal and found my house to reflect my status for last several years, which is nothing close to what Sprint coverage area indicates, been Sprint customer for over 4 years and my house cross streets Newport & Bradley have no coverage. Have to use the in Home Cell tower but it too is not reliable with wife's galaxy S6, I have a S7. What is the effective range in miles for service from a cell tower, not theoretical but on average in a residential area with mixed single 2 story homes? There are properties such as Electrical Substations that already have cell towers but just not Sprint towers. There are also Church properties nearby with no towers all potential sites. Even when I had Verizon my house was in a dead zone. Large housing tracks hundreds of homes close together but no one wants to provide decent coverage? Great coverage on the road but nothing outside my front door, no WIFI or cell 15 feet from door. Was told when signed up adding new towers not seen any near me in 4 years. And with 5G coming would think Sprint would want to get towers positioned?

1 REPLY 1
Journeyman

Hey @Neutronflux . I understand your situation. We still doesn't have an estimate of when it's going to be new towers near you, we're still working on figuring this out. Regarding the coverage in your area, I've noticed that the problems you have described are being caused by an open service alert in your area, affecting all 4G LTE services. The good news is our network team has already identified the issue and is working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.