cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help!!!! Is there any way to salvage 12 years of picture mail at this point? I'm heartbroken.

Highlighted

Please Help!!!! Is there any way to salvage 12 years of picture mail at this point? I'm heartbroken.

For the 1st time since 1998 I have a new computer (laptop) and Wi-Fi service, Of those years in-between my sprint phone was my only link to the outside world; my internet, gmail, only phone # and social media. I've been renting rooms in Washington Heights and Harlem since 2002, I lived in an evacuation zone after 9/11 and was forced to move. All of my pictures and memories were, I thought, saved at my PCS picture mail. It's been a few years since I've checked on it, but I knew that if I wanted to protect a picture all I needed to do was to email it once and it would be saved to picture mail. I never received an email telling me that they were planning on purging it back in 2012. I came on here today to download everything onto my new laptop and discovered what had happened. This is my 1st experience with clouds. That's what I thought of my picture mail as. I lost the last photos of good friends who are now dead. Of my dog who was like my baby and has too passed on. Of all the pictures I had of myself in my 20's and early 30's. Of band shows. Of significant others. Of family who is also now deceased. If I had any idea this was going to happen I most certainly would have made the necessary to preserve them. Please, please tell me there is some way that I can retrieve these photos. It is over a decade of the best years of my life and I no longer have photos to remember them by. I held off on the downloads because there were hundreds of pictures and I did not want to overload my phone, so I waited until I was able to get a computer to store them and now it's too late. I am open to any suggestion and I would be so grateful for any help. Thank you. Sincerely, Tracey.

1 REPLY 1
Master

Re: Please Help!!!! Is there any way to salvage 12 years of picture mail at this point? I'm heartbroken.

tjburroughs666,

I understand that losing precious memories can hurt. This was definitely not our intension. Now that a majority or our customers are using smart phones it was no longer practical to maintain this service. Unfortunately, there is no way to recover those images if they were not recovered before the decommissioning.

Sean L

Social Care

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.