cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me get rid of Google Voice once and for all

Highlighted
Patron

Please help me get rid of Google Voice once and for all

I can no longer select my number and select delete. The only valid number it accepts is my work number and I really don't want my personal calls going there. I dislike Google voice and it's service. I want my old voicemail back. Can someone please help me take the forward off - the redirection of my calls? I just want to be normal again - without Google anything.

I'm slightly frustrated because my phone calls are either sent to voicemail that's not me - or disappear in never ever land. Death to Google voice! Please help me with funeral arrangements...I will adore you for life if you can remove it for me!

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: Please help me get rid of Google Voice once and for all

Did you integrate Google Vocie with your Sprint number? If so you must first un-integrate them fro mteh Google Voice website.

If you did not integrate Google Voice but are just using it as an alternative voicemail service... To disable call forwarding dial *720 from your phone.

Wizard

AngieEPIC4G,

When you go into the Google voice portal can you select phones and see 'disable'? halcyoncmdr123 has a great post and a good question, did you integrate your Google voice with your Sprint number? Let us know.

Andrew

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I am experiencing a problem similar to Angie's.

It is similar in that I too would like to completely remove any integration between Google Voice, and my assigned Sprint number.

It is different, as described below.

As it stands now, I CAN NO LONGER SEND AND RECIEVE CALLS. Additionaly, for whatever reason, I DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE GOOGLE VOICE WEBSITE to make the necessary changes myself. The error I get when attempting to access Google Voice is Error 500, a server-side error on Google's end.

Please let me know if Sprint has redundancies in place, for situations like mine. There must (or should) be another way for Sprint to disassociate the Google Voice feature from the Sprint assigned number.

This is not a problem limited to only Sprint, or only Google--this is a problem with the integration between the two companies. Please do not defer to Google.

If there is no solution to my problem, I am open to traveling to a Sprint store and/or receiving a COMPLIMENTARY new number. Otherwise, I am paying for a service I cannot use.

Thank you,

Matthew

EDIT: This related thread might be able to help us.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/294599

Message was edited by: inivux

Message was edited by: inivux

Journeyman

Hello Inivux,

Thanks for posting. I would like to help get this issue resolved for you. Try to dial *720 from your cell phone and see if you can remove the forward to the Google voice number. If this does not help resolve the issue,please send me a private message with your phone number and account pin and I can further assist you.. *Paida

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.