Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing Additional Data

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Purchasing Additional Data

All of our data got used up this month, so we've gone to low speed. How can I purchase a few extra Gigs to get through to the end of the billing cycle?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hey there GPatrin and garygentile!

Data purchase is only for current bill cycle and will not carry over to subsequent billing period.

For additional questions or concerns, feel free to let us know.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Good morning dcstevens.

Thanks for reaching out. There are some Share Data plans where the customer can not buy additional Data to increase the speed. From your post I can determine that you have a Better Choice plan. With this plan the customer does have the ability to buy-up Data.  Here is how:

To purchase more high-speed data on sprint.com?

• With Better Choice (sizes XS-XXL), follow these steps to add more high-speed data online:
    • Select the link for My data controls to access your data control panel.
    • When you use all your high-speed data, an alert icon and message will display on your data controls page along with links to Change plan and Add data.
    • Click Add data; a new screen will display usage info with the ability to add 1 GB data.
    • Click Buy to complete the purchase.
    • Click Done to return to the control panel.

The system may take up to 15 minutes to process your purchase and reinstate high-speed data.

To purchase more high-speed data on m.sprint.com?

• With the Better Choice Plan unlimited 2G overage option (sizes XS-XXL), follow these steps to add more high-speed data from your phone's browser:
    • Select the link for My data controls to access data control panel.
    • When you use all your high-speed data, an alert icon and message will display on your data controls page along with links to Change plan and Add data.
    • Tap Add data; a new screen will display usage info with the ability to add 1 GB data.
    • Tap Buy to complete the purchase.
    • Tap Done to return to the control panel.

The system may take up to 15 minutes to process your purchase and reinstate high-speed data.

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. We are here to help.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Does my data puchase carry over to the next month?

Highlighted

I have the same question. Does data purchased get saved to the next month?

Highlighted

Hey there GPatrin and garygentile!

Data purchase is only for current bill cycle and will not carry over to subsequent billing period.

For additional questions or concerns, feel free to let us know.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

Highlighted

If we have bought the data, why wouldn't it carry over? We have the 1 GB level and most billing cycles are under it. This means we'd only be buying in the last ten days, 1 GB. Obviously, if we only use 1 all month, we will not use that full GB we just bought. IT SHOULD CARRY OVER TO THE NEXT BILLING CYCLE or we are just giving Sprint our money to put in your bank account. Who do we talk to at Sprint to emphasize the lack of customer service and care with this policy? Who made it, and why? It is a policy that DOES NOT bring loyalty from the customer to the business, like shooting yourself in the foot!
Highlighted

GPatrin

Your concerns are well understood. Please know that most of our plans with limited high speed data include unlimited 2G data speed.

In order to avoid buying additional GB's you can switch to one of our unlimited plans. If you would like to, send my a Private Message so that I can also take a look into your account, in order to make sure you have the plan that best fits your usage.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

I am aware we can always upgrade to an unlimited data plan. My point Remains the Same. If we purchase an additional gigabyte of data, it should be available to us until we use it up in the following months. This is very similar to the airlines who say you lose the miles you accumulated with your purchases and so on, unless you buy more or take a flight. Once you learn the miles, they should be yours until you use them. Same here with data.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.