cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding Sprint Lease

Journeyman

Question regarding Sprint Lease

Hi everyone,

I have a Sprint Lease ending in two months. Can I bring my devices to Sprint and enroll in a two year contract?

7 REPLIES 7
Sprint Social Care

Re: Question regarding Sprint Lease

That's a great question! Unfortunately, we are no longer offering the 2 Year Upgrade option. You can turn your phone in and upgrade via lease or installment billing. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thank you for your response.

What are my options when my lease ends if I want to go back to a 2 year contract then?
Master

All depends on what you want to do with the phone.

If you don't want to do a new leased phone, you can payoff the balance of the current phone, much like a lease on a car.

If you want to get a new phone, you would intiate a new 2yr lease contract, order a new phone and return your old phone in good working condition. Good working condition means not cracked screen, water damage, etc.. Otherwise you will have to deal with that. Not sure how that works to be honest.

If you don't want to keep the phone and don't want to start a new 2yr lease, you would need to return the old phone like described above, acquire a replacement phone from somewhere else; ebay, craigslist, amazon, etc.. and just continue making monthly phone bill payments per the terms of the previous contract but month to month.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Thank you for the information.

At the end of my lease can I bring my phone get credit for it and then go into a 2 year contract?

What Jeffrey posted seemed like a no but your post reflect something like it's possible.

My relationship with Sprint have been long (5 years+) and I have 4 lines.

I just feel that the lease for my two lines (30.00 each) and then paying 210.00 to buy the phone at the end of the lease is just too much compared to a two year contract.

I don'the want to leave Sprint that's why I'm looking for options regarding my lease termination in two months.
Master

Jeffrey was actually referring to the old Everything Plans where you could go into a store, pay $199 for a new phone and you owned the phone and were locked into a 2yr contract. Those were the old Subsidized plans which are no longer available.

Now, if you wanted, you could take in your old phone from one of those plans, trade it in and possibly get credit towards a new leased plan. But find out how much credit you get and see if it would cover the balance at the end of the lease plan, otherwise you might be better off selling it privately or keeping it as a backup device or dontaing it to a family member.

Or, if you don't want to trade in an old phone, then you just sign up for a lease plan or an installment plan. The lease plan is where you pay for a certain percentage of the phone across 2yrs, at the end, you pay off the balance or turn it in for a new leased phone. The installment plan is where you pay full price for the phone divided across the 2yrs (monthly billing) and at the end, you own the phone outright. Last option which is more expensive up front is paying full price for the phone at the start. At that point, you own the phone from day one and your only committement is the 2yr plan.

That make sense?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Sprint Social Care

Hello d3str0y3r.

Thanks for getting back to us. 2 year agreement are no longer an option. Like most other national carriers, Sprint has chosen to move away from two-year discounted pricing.  We are focused on giving our customers ongoing savings with our current phone purchasing options and available plans. With the new ways available to purchase your phone, you will have lower out of pocket costs when you make your purchase today. We would like to take a look at your account. We just sent you a Private Message, please reply back as soon as you can.

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community Manager

Smotrs, thank you so much.  Really good thorough stuff 🙂

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.