cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: My international calls are not routed through Google voice

Journeyman

I am having similar issue. Please help. It keeps telling me that my phone number is not authorized to make international phone calls. On the other hand my work phone wich I added to my google voice numbers has pop up that I can chose if I want to user google voice calls. If I chose that it works fine. I want my GV integration to come back.

7 REPLIES 7
Master

FaceAl

Here to help. Does your work phone have the international capabilities turned on? For the device you are having issues with have you contacted our international department? For technical support you can reach them at 888-226-7212, option 3.

Patrick N.
Social Care Team
Journeyman

I've read through several messages about international calling. It seems it has not been fixed since 2011.

It does not work with current Google voice app. It does not use Google voice to call internationally, it goes through sprint and gives error message.

1.  I have had Google Voice for years and have credit on it.

2. I can use it from web interface and dial the number successfully from my Sprint phone.

3. Google Voice lists my Sprint number as a Google voice number.

4. I do not have international calling plan enabled with Sprint, as I would like to use Google Voice.

5. International calls dialed directly with phone dialer do not use Google Voice and all get error message from Sprint.

Also I can dial that same number with Google Voice using android phone on ATT and Verizon, which means that "Sprint Integration" did not integrate or made Google Voice function adequately with Sprint.

Master

theonna

Thanks for the response. You are having that issue due to your phone number being integrated to your google voice account. When you dial out from your phone it will default to dialing through Sprint because the phone recognize the number that is dialing is the same number that is programmed into the phone thus it will always use the Sprint dialer and not google voice. Our supervisor has exactly the same situation you're in on his phone and the only way for him to use his google voice is disassociate his phone no. from google voice. When you try to use another phone from another carrier it will work since the phone has a different phone number programmed on it.

Lindale
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thank you for clarifying this.

If it is working as intended, then there probably should be instruction with step by step activation so that you Google Voice is setup the way you like it, otherwise in description it states that with integration you get to use GV with low priced international calling, when it is opposite- you can't with integration.

Master

You are very welcome. Do you still need assistance with this. Here is a link that may help: http://bit.ly/1iT9uTG. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you for choosing Sprint, you are a valued customer!

- Sheila
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Your answer is contrary to the Google FAQ on GV-Sprint integration which states:

Google Voice on Sprint FAQs - Google Voice Help

"To make an international call, dial the number as you normally would from your Sprint handset. Before making an international phone call, you must have calling credit in your Google Voice account. You can learn how to purchase calling credit by clicking here. It may take up to 24 hours for your Google Wallet purchase to be processed and for you to receive your Google Voice calling credit.

Please remember that you will still be billed for airtime by Sprint. Take a look at the affordable Google Voiceinternational calling rates."

Either fix it so it works, or fix the FAQ.

Journeyman

Guys, Sprint support folks have no idea but I found the answer to this.

The issue is that even though the call would be routed through Google, Sprint is blocking it before it gets there because you have international calling blocked with Sprint. I chatted with Sprint and enabled international calling on my number and now when I dial international, it is getting routed through google at 1 cent/minute!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.