cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting Exception to 50-Day Active Policy for Unlock + Frustrating Customer Service

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Requesting Exception to 50-Day Active Policy for Unlock + Frustrating Customer Service

Hello. 

My phone meets all unlocking requirements except the 50 days of activation because my phone was replaced by Apple Care about a month ago. About a week and a half ago, my husband canceled our Sprint account and started service with a different company. Sprint proceeded with the cancellation and made no mention that my device would not unlocked, resulting in my current situation in which I cannot use my new SIM card but I no longer have Sprint service either.

My husband and I have interacted with phone customer service 3 times, online customer service chat 3 times, and have visited 2 different stores. Most individuals simply stated the policy and said that the phone would not be unlocked, with no recognition that this could be a special case. I have been told at least twice that the phone was actually scheduled for unlocking and to wait 24-36 hours. Each time period passed with either no action, or with an automated email message repeating the policy and stating that the phone would not be unlocked. The most recent time I requested escalation (2 days ago), the agent said that I would be contacted within 24 hours. I gave my email address because I have no phone service. Yet, the next day (yesterday), I received an email stating, "I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to reach you by phone to discuss your account concerns," and to call the general customer service number. I tried to call that number and stated that I was responding to an email message, but had to spend another 15 minutes on the line trying to make the 1st level agent understand the issue. At the very end of the 15 minutes, just after I requested another escalation, she returned saying she found a note that my device was scheduled to be unlocked by 1:10pm today. It is 5:00pm - I have received no email and my phone is still locked.

I am beyond frustrated. Please consider that Apple considers my current device (w/serial #B) to have the same purchase date as my replaced device (w/serial #A) since it was an Apple Care swap. Can Sprint please do the same? If not, can someone with higher authority than a first-level phone or chat agent give me a non-robot final answer instead of stringing me along?

Apple considers phone to be purchased in Oct 2016.Apple considers phone to be purchased in Oct 2016.

98 REPLIES 98
Highlighted

@chriskim757, I can look into this for you. I'm going to send you a private message to get your account information.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Highlighted

I am having same issue with one of my lines and have been going back and forth with customer service . Every time I call I get a different response . My husband business phone has not been active for over a week that we are still waiting for it to be unlocked. We are very frustrated with this situation 

Highlighted

Hello I am having same issue with my husbands phone. We called to unlock over a week ago and still not completed. Every time we call sprint we get a different response. We are very frustrated with this situation and need to get his phone working ASAP. 

Highlighted

Hi Fpedraza! Can you send us a Private Message? We'll be happy to look into this for you. 

Hello how do I do private message 

sorry

Highlighted

If you click on my profile, there's a link on the profile to send me a message.  Let us know if you're having problems finding it.  

Don’t bother, these guys will exchange a few private messages with you and ask tier 1 support questions and when they get stuck they go dark and don’t respond back to you.  I have submitted 5 cases already to unlock my phone and it’s been 5 days and the case is still opened. With the latest update being, it will take another “48 hours and  the phone should be updated”

lmao it’s a joke...plus you can’t directly reach out to the unlock team so you have no idea what is causing the delay and no information is provided on the status of it.

Highlighted

Howdy chriskim757. I see you had a conversation on "Requesting Exception to 50-Day Active Policy for Unlock + Frustrating Customer Service". I'm going to move over to that post due to all your info is over there. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted

@Cat_Sprint @HELPeR_Sprint @ I’ve contacted sprint and they’re unable to help even though I've been on the phone with the representative for over an hour. I have the same issue and been a loyal customer for 2 years. My mobile was replaced under AppleCare, and the line open and paid for nearly 18 months. They’re saying it can’t be done. Can you help please? 

Highlighted

@Maxim, I'm happy to review the account and ensure it meets the requirement. I'm going to send you a private message to get your account information.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Highlighted

@RedCruzr_Sprint 

Thank you so much!

Highlighted

You're welcome. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.