Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roam Control app for Android

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

I noticed that Roam Control is no longer available in the Android market.  Does anyone know if it's still available somewhere?

It allows you to force your Android phone to roam onto other networks.

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4

reignmang: Sprint has no control over nor do they develope the applications in the android market. I researched a little on google and was able to locate a website for you. www.roamctrl.com. I am not certain if that is what you are looking for. Please keep in mind that sprint does not support 3rd party applications that are downloaded of the market or other source. Any issues pertaining to that application will have to be directed to the developer of the application.

Journeyman

Awesome, that's the one!!  I literally get no Sprint signal in my office, and I miss/drop calls all the time.  My phone doesn't roam on it's own very well, so this helps it stay on the roaming network...I can actually communicate with my family now

Journeyman

Keep in mind Sprint may cancel your account if you roam to much.  Some people intentionally roam so they can get out of their Sprint contract without penalty.  But it sounds like you are not trying to do that so if you want to stick with Sprint then dont roam to much.

http://shop2.sprint.com/en/legal/legal_terms_privacy_popup.shtml?ECID=vanity:termsandconditions

Off-network Roaming: The primary use of your Device must be for domestic purposes within the Sprint-owned network. Domestic means use in the 50 United States and U.S. Territories (except Guam). Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network usage in a month exceeds: (1) voice: 800 min. or a majority of minutes; or (2) data: 300 megabytes or a majority of kilobytes. The display on your device may not always be on and will not indicate whether you will incur roaming charges. You can monitor usage online through My Account. Roaming is not available with single-band phones, or to customers who reside or whose primary use is outside an area covered by the Nationwide Sprint Network. Sprint may limit or terminate service if you move outside of the Sprint owned-network.

reignmang wrote:

Awesome, that's the one!!  I literally get no Sprint signal in my office, and I miss/drop calls all the time.  My phone doesn't roam on it's own very well, so this helps it stay on the roaming network...I can actually communicate with my family now

Journeyman

Trust me, I understand that.  I barely use any minutes or data, but I need a working phone.  A perfect example is when my daughter gashed her head and needed stitches, my wife was able to get in touch with me.  Or when my wife was pregnant and going into labor, she was able to get in touch with me.  You get the idea.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.