Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Feature?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Roaming Feature?

Finding a signal with sprint is hard, we all know that. But have you ever found yourself wishing you had a roam switch? In my situation, I usually just barely get sprint service (as in just a tower with no bars, or 1 bar.) but when I roam, I get full bars. Now i use my phone mostly in ways that are not affected by roaming such as calling other sprint phones and calling during the unlimited minutes times, also i text. because my phone 'prefers' a sprint connection, i am faced with a constant bad connection with 0-1 bars and constantly get dropped texts (which i then have to completely retype when it doesn't send) and dropped calls. If i had a button to have my phone 'prefer' roaming, all this would be solved! How bout you guys? Good idea or not?

Info: I go to college now in small town so this is why i get next to no service, however when i'm home in a bigger city, i live a mile away from a sprint store and only get 2 bars and get dropped calls constantly (especially in the basement, that's a no-no). My phone is a Samsung Rant after my other 3 phones broke w/o sprint helping (one i admit had water damage 8 months prior so i can't blame them for that)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6 REPLIES 6
Master

Roaming Feature?

A few years ago, there used to be an option for roam only on a lot of Sprint phones.  Sprint has removed that option on most new phones.  So now, there is only automatic and Sprint only. 

-John

Wizard

Roaming Feature?

This wouldn't be a feasible option for most people, because you are eligible to have your service disconnected after 800 minutes (or half of your phone time if you use less than 1600 minutes) of roaming calls. There is also a marker point for data usage, but I'm not sure what it is. If the majority of your use is in the same place (apartment or dorm room), call in to CS and ask for them to send you an Airave. It will take your home broadband signal and turn it into a mini cell tower (up to 50,000 sq.ft.) for voice and 3G data.

Wizard

Roaming Feature?

Well Sprint needs to bring that roam only option back to new Sprint phones i have a old phone that has roam only option.

Wizard

Roaming Feature?

nas35 - See my above post.

Journeyman

Roaming Feature?

There is an app for Android phones that allows you to do this...however it's not in the Android Market anymore.  Does anyone know where it is?  I created a new discussion here for it: http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/387570#387570

Journeyman

Re: Roaming Feature?

fyi, lilgeekygirl answered the question for me, it's at www.roamctrl.com

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.