cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

Highlighted
Journeyman

Roaming

Last week 5/4/18, I had an issue with my phone where it would go into Roaming mode when I'm at work.  At around 2pm last week it went into roaming and I couldn't receive calls, texts or use my data.  I contacted sprint and they did all of the routine things (dial ##72786#) and that didn't work. It wouldn't reset the connections because of me not having network connection.  They told me that I had the "best" connection in my area so The IT guy told me he didn't have a resolution for me right then but it would be solved by the end of the day. I didn't think anything about it because it didn't work for the rest of the day and wouldn't work until I was at home connected to WiFi.

Today, 5/7/18, my phone went into roaming at 12:30pm. I shut the phone off and restarted it all the same issues. I contacted Sprint again, was told I had the "best" coverage at my address I provided them with and they made me do the routine dial ##72786# and that STILL didn't work. I'm waiting on IT to get in contact with me.

I'm just wondering if anyone else out there was having or have had this issue happen to them? Its rather irritating beause my job requires me to have access to my phone.  I'm not seeming to find any resolution.

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: Roaming

Hey @TaylorCaddell, we'd like to take a look into this situation for you. You mentioned that they checked the coverage already, however, I like to review that again to make sure no service outage has been reported since. Please provide me with your nearest cross streets and ZIP code, so we can further investigate this issue.

Fausto
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am having the same issue.  It has been going on since yesterday.  I am in area code 00802

Journeyman

Hi @DRJ8, In order to have a more accurate information on the coverage in your area, please provide us with your nearest cross streets.

Fausto
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Bolongo Road and Estate Bovoni on St. Thomas

Journeyman

@DRJ8. I have determined that the problems you have described are being caused by a cell site outage in your area. The good news is our network team has already identified the issue and is working to resolve it as quickly as possible. We value you as a customer and appreciate your patience.

Fausto
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thank you.  It appears to be working now.

Journeyman

It has gone back out, about 2-3 hours ago.  Any idea when it will be resolved?

We don't have a specific date, but please rest assured our network teams are working to have this addressed in a timely manner.

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.