cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S8 Promotion - Eight months + no sign of 50% discount = Criminal Fraud

Journeyman

S8 Promotion - Eight months + no sign of 50% discount = Criminal Fraud

My husband and I visited a Colorado Springs, CO Sprint store on August 7th, 2017.  We visited to have our phones repaired, but decided to upgrade upon seeing signage that the Samsung S8 models were being offered for 50% off the current lease price of $31.50 (effectively making the lease price 15.75 per month).  The sign clearly stated this offer was for BOTH new and existing customers.  The first month of service went by and we were charged incorrectly (i.e. full price) for the two S8 models we leased.  The second month went by, we were charged incorrectly again. 

I called Sprint to complain.  They assured me I did qualify for the promotion but could not tell me why it hadn't been applied to my account.  Well, now eight months have gone by.  Shockingly, Sprint has not fixed the error (get that money) nor have they contacted me to explain themselves.  I've been a Sprint customer for eighteen years (insert slow, pathetic clap).  Obviously that moves me to the bottom of the list for any type of promotion or reward and it certainly assures I will be paired with the least competent of customer service providers. 

I would like this resolved.  According to my calculations, I am owed a back payment of $252 ($15.75 x 2 phones x 8 months).  Also, sometime before my lease is over, I would like to be charged correctly.  

"Eighteen years, eighteen years - now I ain't sayin' Sprint a gold digger, but..."

8 REPLIES 8
Sprint Social Care

Re: S8 Promotion - Eight months + no sign of 50% discount = Criminal Fraud

Hello MANDYMERE02, I'd like to take a closer look into this. I have sent you a Private Message, feel free to reply at your earliest convenience.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Well that sounds all to familiar. The exact same thing has happened to me. I keep getting the run around from all the customer service reps and Retention department. They all lie to you and tell just what you want  to hear. Nothing ever gets done. I even went as far to have my Store Manager that I purchased the phones from call in for me.  We were both called Liars.

Sprint Social Care

That doesn't sound right msrhds. Let me look into your account and see what's going on. We sent you a private message, please reply to it at your earliest convenience.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

The same thing is happening to me. I cannot get it resolved and I have also dealt with rude and incompetent service people. Best of luck to you.

Journeyman

I would like to report that this has been resolved.  The moderators on this forum were able to funnel the issue to the correct people and after several updates via email that "something" was being done behind the scenes,  I eventually received an inbound call from Sprint Corporate Escalations.  They maintained that they've had many issues regarding communication between stores/store promotions and their phone customer service, hence little to no opportunity to resolve problems correctly. This issue ended up being elevated to the point where the refund I asked for was granted as well as the changes to my remaining contract.  I am actual, living proof that there may still be an answer for all the rest of you!  My solution began by one of the reps on this site reaching out to me,  so if they reach out to you,  please utilize them.  It may not be a dead end this time. 

Cheers! 

Journeyman

That is great news. I am happy to hear that your issue was resolved. I thought mine was last month when my bill was corrected, but this month the over charges were back again. But mine was never escalated, so I am hopeful that escalation will happen and the issue will be resolved and stay resolved.

Thank you for taking the time to write.

Journeyman

I too just got in on a promotion.....Buy one get one free  Iphone7......I had an Iphone5, my son had an  Iphone6 .

I just needed one phone but the salesman (from the Phillipines), assured me I would not pay for this phone or service for the phone....that my bill would not change. I was paying approx. $160/mo for the two phones.  Well I received my first bill of $250+ and talked to the someone at Sprint, and they assured me that I would be charged but would be rebated in the second or third billing cycle...ok, now I just paid the second month of $190+ and noticed the third month is also $190+ !! Where's my rebates?? I calculate my I should get a bill of $0 pretty soon or at least two bills of about $120-$130....to make up my rebates. Or they lied to me about the bills staying the same for three lines, just to get me on this promotion. Now I can't get a chat box to pop up the last three times I've been in here. I have been a sprint customer since 2003....I hope if they read these posts they might contact me, to get this straight.....but will continue to try and reach them with this matter

Sprint Social Care

Good morning Sassss. We are very concern to read your post. Let us look into this issue for you. We sent you a private message, please reply to it at your earliest convenience.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.