cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Outage--Bonner Springs/Ks Turnpike

Highlighted
Journeyman

Service Outage--Bonner Springs/Ks Turnpike

Bonner Springs, Ks and west a few miles along Ks Turnpike--previously had excellent service, but now no service.  Four Sprint phones, 2 are unlimited everything 4GLTE, none work in this area.  Move to any other place in the KC Metro, and all phones work fine.  I'm guessing a blitzed cell tower.

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: Service Outage--Bonner Springs/Ks Turnpike

I too have not had Sprint service since Wednesday morning.  I called Customer service they act like I am crazy since their records show all towers up and running.  I went to two different sprint stores,, both told me they are upgrading the towers in Bonner Springs and should be back on soon, This was Wednesday night.  All Sprint customers in Bonner Springs needs to call customer service to advise them of their lack of service.  They acted like  I was crazy and it must be my phones and maybe I need to update.  I drive to the Legends and both phones work perfectly.  I told them my husband is disabled and I do not have 911 capability, the guy Richard says cell phones are not guaranteed in emergency situations and you should keep your land line.  WHAT a JOKE!    I think it is time to start calling the tv stations maybe they can get better answers than local Sprint customers.

Message was edited by: JACKIEEWAN

GrandMaster

im only guessing but it might have something to do with all the upgrades going on around you guys....not a def answer but always a possibility

Kansas (Kansas City/Wichita) ...Sites Complete = 74%; LTE Launched = July 15, 2012 ...Original Scheduled Completion = December 2012; Current Production Rate Completion = June 2013

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Jackie, I called Sprint's "Carrier Repair Service", and they told me the problem is a dead cell tower in the area.  When one cell tower goes down, it causes other cell towers in the area to become overloade--and your phone can't get a signal.  They told me the repairs are scheduled to be completed by Sunday night, May 19th.  I've noticed that my phone seems to start working late in the evening when cell traffic starts to diminish.

Journeyman

Well, today is Monday May 20th and we still do not have any service.  I guess whoever you talked to grabber 1943 wasn't right.   I appreciate you trying, back to calling customer service when we head out and get away from Bonner Springs towers.  We will get service again when we get away from home.  Isn't that a shame you pay your bill on time and have nothing to show for it.   Thanks again grabber.

Journeyman

Well its the 22nd and they told me today it would be fixed tomorrow.Ive been calling for a week now and every day they give me a new fix it date.Sprint sucks and were going somewhere else

Journeyman

Installed my Sprint Airave last weekend.  Now I have Sprint cell service at my home, but get 100 feet away from the house, and nothing....until I get into JoCo or somewhere outside Bonner.

What a bargain!  The doggone thing uses MY internet service to connect to the Sprint network via VoIP
and I pay Sprint for the additional service, which reduces the load on their cell towers.  Not my idea of a good fix.

I'll be asking for at least a two week credit on my statement.

Journeyman

Ever any progress with problem? I recently moved to Bonner and am considering getting an attorney through my union to get out of this contract and get back pay for past 4 months

Master

grabber1943

I am so sorry to hear of the service issues encountered in Bonner Springs. Took some time and looked into the area, and upgrades are scheduled to commence in upcoming weeks.

What is the status of your service now? Are you still having the same issues?

Let us know.

Zena

Social Care Team

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.