cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share Your Google Wallet Review

Highlighted
Journeyman

Share Your Google Wallet Review

Are you using Google Wallet? We’d love to hear from you!

Tell us what you think about the app, share some stories about how you’ve been using it, and let the community know about making the switch from a physical wallet to a virtual one.

11 REPLIES 11
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Share Your Google Wallet Review

I love Google Wallet!  It is fun to use! And if you forget your wallet at your house... don’t worry you have Google Wallet!

being an employee I care about my security of my device and bank

My Tip would be to go into settings and set the Google Wallet app timeout to 1 minute.  Doing this will lock out Google Wallet after 1 minute of inactivity and force you to reenter your pin.

Patron

I love the Google Wallet… now there was a time I would go all the way back home if I forgot my debt card. I hardly ever forget my phone (if I do I go back home for it… ha!), so now I always have my debit card handy. I keep it on my home page.  I also use a PIN code on my phone for protected security as well as a PIN for the Google Wallet App… both different, just in case!

Using Google wallet is so fast, within seconds my receipt is printing and the cashier is amazed the receipt says “cashless” and always asks me what I just did. I like impressing them with my “Google Magic”

My Tip: Always make sure you check the offers tab in Google Wallet… You can save at places like Foot Locker or American Eagle... just for using Google Wallet to make your purchase.

Open Google Wallet > Select Offers Tab > It opens on the Find Offers Tab > tap save next to offers that interest you > Now there under your offers.

When you visit a location that has an offer tap to use Google Wallet as you normally would and then go into offers and tap redeem under the offer you want to cash in on!

I hope this tip helps!

Journeyman

As a cyclist / bike commuter, I like having my waterproof aluma-wallet in my messenger bag. My sleek Galaxy Nexus is either in the cargo pocket of my shorts or my rear cycling jersey pocket. I can hop off the bike and head to any Mastercard Pay Pass location (there’s an app for that) and use Google Wallet to grab a power drink or power snack during my ride. While on vacation in NYC this was VERY convenient because many places display the Google Wallet logo at all the registers. I always know how much I spend and don’t have to worry about security with Face Unlock and 4 digit pin security on the actual app.

Sprint Product Ambassador

I have to agree with Ivan the ability to use Google Wallet with virtully no effort is amazing.  I to have used it recently but in my instance I did have my wallet accessible but couldn't use it.  My family and I decided to visit Tampa for the weekend.  This is great for us, due to it being a 2 hour drive and still feels like we are far enough to be on vacation.  We also have annual passes to the Lowry Park Zoo which is our favorite zoo/park in Florida.  When we arrived in Tampa it was 3:30 PM and headed to Lowry park, so we could go while it was semi cool.  But, If you know Florida there is no real semi-cool.  It was still 94 degrees outside.  Due to us getting there at 4 pm the park had started closing.  But since we already mentioned it to our 2 year old he would not take no for an answer.  So we had an hour to walk around and see everything.  This led to everyone being hot and thirsty.  The problem was the main retail center had closed for the day and the kiosks only took cash.  with no cash on hand I was out of luck.  We were walking near the monkey exhibit and there it was.  A vending machine with a pay pass logo.  My saving grace as I proceeded to buy my entire family waters using Google wallet.  If you have ever been with a 2 year old who isn’t happy you know it could have turned a nice day bad very quickly.  I was amazed and happy to see this where I could access it with such ease.

3060206786_9434638809.jpg

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”
Patron

Another great Tip: You don’t have to have a data connection to use Google Wallet. How cool is that! Only thing is that the info within the Google Wallet application will not reflect the most accurate information until it has synced up with through a data connection (i.e. actual funds available, recent transactions etc.). But this is great information to know. 

Journeyman

I wish I can tell you how it is but unfortunately Sprint or Google didnt include with the NFC Galaxy Note 2......smh         

Journeyman

The HTC EVO LTE didn't have it enabled upon release either but it came later with an update. My LGOG doesn't have it enabled. I am confident it will come out with an update.

Journeyman

how many months after Evo came up did update come??         

Journeyman

I cant seam to set my payment plan up

Journeyman

Today I discovered that Google Wallet was letting me download the app onto my Note 2 ( with Sprint)  I got it downloaded and set it up. Haven't tried to use it yet but I plan to very soon!

Master

About 30 days I think it was before we had support.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.