cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint 4G LTE consistently slower than 3g

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint 4G LTE consistently slower than 3g

I am a sprint customer of over 10 years. I live in Bryan Texas (77802) at the intersection of Coulter and Bennett Street. 

At my house, 4G rarely gets above 1 Mbps. Typical 4G LTE speeds at my house are around 16 to 250 kbps (.016 to .250 Mbps). It is completely unusable. I don't even turn it on because it is such garbage. I keep my phone on 3g because I can actually get usable speeds of 1 to 2 Mbps. 

In other locations around town I get 4 to 10 Mbps with 4G. My house and the neighborhood around it is the issue. I am convinced it is a problem with a local tower. 

I first notified sprint of the problem last August. Over the next 4 months I went back and forth with technical support until eventually they told me to deal with it because they cant fix it. 

Some times it is worse than others, but at the time of writing this I am completely fed up and likely will be switching carriers to AT&T because even when throttled to 2g speeds it will be faster than what I'm dealing with now on 4G LTE.

Before cancel my service, might make a youtube video showing proof of my speeds and how fast sprint 4G LTE really is for me, and the night and day difference with 3G. I've been paying for a service that has not been provided to me since August. 

It really is no wonder why Sprint is failing and losing subscribers. 

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Sprint 4G LTE consistently slower than 3g

Hey @pinballpunk.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. We'd hate to lose you as part of our Sprint family! Let's see what can be done regarding this situation. Please check your inbox, I'll be sending you a private message.

Journeyman

Yes, I have tried troubleshooting steps! I have already spent 4 months going back and forth with technical support! They sent out technicians multiple times. 

The last thing I want to do is begin that process again so that in another 4 months and 400 dollars later for someone to tell me, AGAIN, that they cant fix the problem.

It is terribly unethical the way that Sprint has treated me, not once was I offered reimbursement for services paid and not rendered. Even after sprint technicians confirmed my issue. 

GrandMaster

if you dont want an agent popping in to see what all was noted on your account about this then why are you posting in here?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I am posting here because i wanted to notify sprint of a continuing problem existing with their network. 

Just because I don't want to spend any more of MY TIME feeding data and going over the same steps as I did months ago, I'm not welcome to post? It is really such a privilege to pay money to debug their network for them.

GrandMaster

the site itself is here for people to get assistance with issues, get info on upcoming devices etc..same as every other carriers site..

as you pointed out its more than likely an issue with the tower that covers you OR you are on the brink of the coverage of the closest tower..did the original agents you spoke with mention just how far away that closest covering tower is?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I "Have the best coverage in regard to Data and Voice."

It doesn't matter anymore. I spent months on the phone with technical support, I had a rep's direct phone line. They sent engineers out to the towers here. Sent technicians to my street. I fed them data for weeks and weeks. I was really impressed with how they were actually trying to help me. 

Well it was never fixed. My last call ended with her telling me that there was nothing else they were going to do. 

BTW I don't get consistent 4G speeds in my neighborhood at any time during the billing cycle. So no, its not throttling due to my high data usage as a rep just suggested. 

I'm done. 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.