cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint - Google Integration while ROAMING in Canada

Highlighted
Journeyman

How are inbound and outgoing calls handled (billed) if a Sprint user with Google Voice Integration travels to Canada?

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Probably not something you really want to do.  You would have international roaming minutes and international data charges.

I would recommend calling international support or chatting with them here http://sprintworldwide.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch

Hours of operation are

Monday - Friday:  06:00 AM - 11:00 PM CDT

Saturday - Sunday:  09:00 AM - 09:00 PM CDT

Larry

Sprint Tech

Journeyman

It isn't something I would really want to do? Sprint should have thought about these issues with integration. I tried calling international support with no luck. They have no idea how you are billed.

Journeyman

I expect an answer....................................

Master

Traveling to Canada?

Voice -Google  Voice counts as minutes - For only $2.99 per month all calls placed   from Canada are only $0.20 per minute! Whether you place a local call in   Canada, place a call back to the US, call another country, or receive a   call with the Canada Roaming Option you pay only $0.20/minute (without   the add-on calls are $0.59/minute).

Data- Canada roaming data rates are $0.002/KB.   Not sure how many KB per minute are used by Google voice so there isn't  really an answer to how much the data would cost per minute.

Journeyman

My question is that are your calls still being handled through Sprint  Google Voice Integration while in Canada or is it handled by TELUS or Bell Mobility? Google Voice doesn't use any data with the Sprint Google Voice Intigration service or does it and Sprint is failing to disclose this? It's really stupid you can use your text messaging plan while in Canada to text anyone in Canada or US or visa versa. Yet there is no better voice plans and data plans.

Journeyman

Re: Sprint - Google Integration while ROAMING in Canada

look at my posting, and you will think twice using sprint.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.