cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint - Google Voice Integration Issue

Highlighted
Journeyman

When clicking "Check eligibility for Sprint integration" for my google voice account I encounter the following error: "Unfortunately, Google Voice cannot be enabled on this Sprint phone. Please contact Sprint for more details as to why this cannot be enabled." I have a family plan with one of my phones on my account enabled with the Sprint - Google Voice Integration service. This isn't a government account and my account isn't past due. When contacting advanced technical support they do not know what this service is. Please advise what your customers is suppose to do? I've contacted Google with no luck, they just tell me to contact Sprint for assistance. Please advise Sprint.......................

Tags (3)
58 REPLIES 58
Journeyman

I'm having the same problem. They are telling me it is because of my discount which is making a "Government and/or Public Service Sector" account. I can also use another discount which would then make it a "Corporate" account. Neither qualify for the integration at this time. CS tried to find a discount that was the same which would not make it one of those two but he could not find anything.

Do you have a discount on your account?

Wizard

I checked internal documentation on GV ineligibility, here's what it says:

• Restricted Account Types:
    • Reseller accounts
    • BOOST CDMA/iDEN accounts
    • Sprint iDEN
    • Corporate subscriber
    • Government subscriber
  • Restricted Services:
    • Hotlined subscriber
    • Suspended subscriber / account
    • Fraudulent credit class

I don't have access to your accounts so I can't tell you if any of the above apply.  If you'd like to pursue further, please send me a private message with your Sprint phone number and I will have someone with access to the billing system look into it.

Journeyman

I have a HTC Evo which is on a family plan with my wife, both our phone are private and both payed by us. I also work for a high school in Louisville Kentucky that means I also get 14% off our phone bill. Does this mean I can not set up google voice on my evo to be the same number. Every time I try to set up  Sprint Integration I get the message "Unfortunately, Google Voice cannot be enabled on this Sprint phone. Please contact Sprint for more details as to why this cannot be enabled"

I real would like to get this to work as soon as possibile.

Any help would be wounderful.

Journeyman

I have the same issue.  I work in IT for a Medical college and get an employee discount.  Also, do not call Sprint about this issue.  I have spent the last hour bouncing thru 5 techs that did not even know what Google Voice was or that Sprint had launched integration.  Hopefully Google will fix this issue on their end.

Journeyman

I have a similar issue but somewhat different problem.  When I click "Check eligibility for Sprint integration" for my google voice account I do not get an error.  However, I do not the "Enable Google Voice on your Sprint phone" option that the documentation says I should get.  I only get the options to port my number for $20 or to use Google Voice Lite.

I also have the discount issue.  We get a discount on our family plan through our daughter's medical school.

Journeyman

I've got two lines on a Sprint account for some years now.  It's a personal account and was told at the time that my discount was due to my employer(private company) and now it's showing it's a first responder discount(which is accurate) and as such, it's a personal account, but qualifies as a government account and therefore I can't at this point integrate with Google Voice.  Seriously Sprint and Google?  If anyone with a corporate or government discount is disqualified with all the pushing your stores do to get people these discounts how many people can really truly integrate?  Seems counter intuitive.

Journeyman

Sprint,

I cannot believe you messed this up SO badly. I am active duty military, and am fortunate to get the military discount, but this means that now I can't get the google voice integration working because of the same issue all these other people are having. I was looking forward to using this service, but once again you let me, and all people in uniform down.

Shame on you, sprint!

Journeyman

Why do we customers put up with this sh**? Simply incompentent for a company that bills me >$180 mo for 2 phones and keeps promising 4G which I have not seen. Keep treating your customers who qualified for YOUR discounts like second hand citizens..see how far this will get you. Either enable a service or don't. At the very least inform your customers as to exactly why their discount disqualifies them from advanced services. Oh.. here's a tip.. let us know BEFORE you launch that customers with a discount will not qualify... and be sure to give a reason that actually makes sense.  All those EVO customers you got awhile ago.... not happy.

Wizard

I know this is disappointing but my understanding of the current policy is that if an account is tied to a company in some way, e.g., a discount, chances are that Google Voice is currently not supported for any lines on that account, whether or not you or your company pays the bill.

Journeyman

My issue has since been resolved. I don't think someone having a discount on their plan always come into play if you are eligible for the Sprint Google Voice Integration service. I have a lifelong discount with Sprint because a Customer Service manager called me from a blocked number (on Sprint's line) and called me an anti-gay derogatory word.

Journeyman

Good lord. Every time I think Sprint has something cool that might keep me around I get screwed. WTF would they not allow this feature for discounted accounts? The feature costs Sprint nothing!

Guess it's time to sign up with T-Mobile before the rates go up.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.