cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint + Google Voice integration failure

Journeyman

So here's my issue. I've been flip flopping between phones (HTC Arrive/HTC EVO) for the last few weeks, because I'm an app developer, testing out apps on different handsets. Anyways, I decided to switch back to my Arrive on Friday. Switch was successful, except 3G data didn't work. Called in to support, who had me disable Google Voice integration (I used option 2 when integrating it). The integration failed, and has continued to fail ever since last week. I've tried Sprint support, but they aren't much help, though they try.

The real kicker is that the integration worked perfectly, until I had to disable the integration during my last support call. Now, I'm back on the EVO and can't get integration to work at all. I check (from the GV website) if I'm eligible, it then gives me the 2 options. I always choose option 2, and then I always get the "there was an error completing your request" message. I then click "No Thanks" to get back out.

Anyone else having these problems. Any Sprint reps that can look into this for me, and help me figure this out? I've got the GV app on there, but I'd rather not have it since integration is capable on the network side now.

Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13
Wizard

PHEFNER79 wrote:

So here's my issue. I've been flip flopping between phones (HTC Arrive/HTC EVO) for the last few weeks, because I'm an app developer, testing out apps on different handsets. Anyways, I decided to switch back to my Arrive on Friday. Switch was successful, except 3G data didn't work. Called in to support, who had me disable Google Voice integration (I used option 2 when integrating it). The integration failed, and has continued to fail ever since last week. I've tried Sprint support, but they aren't much help, though they try.

The real kicker is that the integration worked perfectly, until I had to disable the integration during my last support call. Now, I'm back on the EVO and can't get integration to work at all. I check (from the GV website) if I'm eligible, it then gives me the 2 options. I always choose option 2, and then I always get the "there was an error completing your request" message. I then click "No Thanks" to get back out.

Anyone else having these problems. Any Sprint reps that can look into this for me, and help me figure this out? I've got the GV app on there, but I'd rather not have it since integration is capable on the network side now.

Thanks!

PHEFNER79,

Sorry about the problems you're having. The issue you maybe having could be a provisioning issue. I am going to send you a private message, keep an eye out for it.

--William

Journeyman

Thanks for helping me William. The issue was something on Sprint's backend. It was resolved, and now I have integration again. Thank you!

Journeyman

William -- I have a similar problem. I inadvertently disabled integration and now can not re-enable it either. A call to customer care the other day didn't help, nor has posting a request for assistance on the Google Voice support forum. Any chance of getting assistance for another customer?

Thank you.

Journeyman

I'm fighting the same good fight. I have one phone that is "Voice enabled" but the second phone isn't. Four techs at Sprint have no clue why this is happening. How did you finally find someone at Sprint that could help?

Journeyman

I actually haven't been able to get any help from Sprint but I did finally get the attention of a Google Voice person on the Google forum at http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/voice/thread?tid=069d6810ed51eb1c&hl=en but not yet resolved.

Journeyman

Re: Sprint + Google Voice integration failure

i am having the exact same issue.  please resolve!  <removed email address> and it is as described by others here.

Please do not include any personal information in your posts.

Journeyman

Folks, what you need to do, is call in to Sprint support. Tell them that your Google integration is failing. Most likely, the problem is with a discount that you have on your account. I get a %25 employer discount, but I pay the bill. That's why the system flagged me and failed integration.

If this is your situation, then you need to call Support and tell them to set your account to Personal Liable instead of Corporate Liable. Once that is done, you should be able to proceed with integration, after just a few minutes.

Hope this helps.

Journeyman

Ok, here is my story in case it is helpful to you:

- had google voice working fine

- Sprint changed my plan

- Google Voice Sprint integration stopped working (although my number was still showing up in GV web)

- June 16-17 received notification on my phone that my number was added to GV

- June 18: nothing was working - went on voice.google.com to see what was going on - my number was removed from GV web/account. Tried signing up - did go through the process (was elligible),  then GV called my phone with the two-digit confirmation number, THEN ERROR appeared "There was an error setting up your number" (or something close to it).

- Called Sprint tech-support, they confirmed that "google voice" service was appearing on my account..(nothing more was done).

Yet... to start working again - I had to:

1) sign off my phone GV application

2) sign off GV web-site

Then,

3) sign back in (my number appeared in GV web).

So try signing off/back in to see if this helps?

Journeyman

Make sure you are not blocking any phone numbers by checking your Sprint.com account. After you sign in go to My Sprint > My preferences > All about my account > Limits and permissions > select Block voice. On the pop-up select your phone and then you will select "Do not block any voice calls" then click save. You might also want to have a Sprint rep do the same in the billing system. It may take a few attempts after you do this but it might complete the integration. This solved my issue so I hope this will be the case for you.

Journeyman

William,

I was also told by the tech support that I have a "provision" issue; and the issue will resolve itself in about a week when an automatic "clean" job is run. But it's been weeks now, and I still have the same issue: I can't make international calls - my international call feature with Sprint is disabled (which I assume is correct because I want to use Google Voice for international calls, not Sprint), but now my international call is not routed by Sprint to Google: I got the message "your account is not authorized to make calls to that number...".

I have called both the tech support and international department for many times. Nothing worked. Can you please help?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

It may be stupid to suggest that, but still make sure that when dialing you dial with a "+ (country code)" internationally.

Example: 044-xxx-yyyy won't work for UK (+44). But, +44-xxx-xxxx will work.

Yes, you have to actually put "+" (by long-press of "0" key). You may want to update your international phone book entries.

If this is not helping, then you do have an issue... try going to "Settings", and updating your "PRL".... Hope it helps... Also, Google Voice forums maintain a web-link to "request" your account to be "fixed" for "integration issues"....

Good luck...

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.