cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Magic Box

Master

Re: Sprint Magic Box

Keep in mind, if you have no coverage, the magic box won't really help you. The Magic Box is designed to improve existing LTE coverage. It won't give you cell coverage all all or data coverage if there wasn't coverage to begin with,

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Magic-Box-Knowledge-Base/Magic-Box-Frequently-Asked-Questions/ta-p/9...

What you probably want instead is the Airave,

https://www.sprint.com/en/support/solutions/device/faqs-for-the-sprint-airave.html

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

thanks - I don't have internet at home. Never needed it before, and per the info I just saw for AIRWAVE, it has to connect to such. I'm not buying internet just to use my phone.   I was told (I guess not accurate) that magic box would improve my connection, as sometimes, not often, I am able to get online, but get bumped off.  Wow, so doesn't sound like there is any solution. I am stuck paying off the lease for the phone, then when it is paid for, I have to turn that phone in and go to Verizon, but I will have to start from scratch.  I really can't afford to do that.  So disappointed. Thanks for the reply. 

Journeyman

An Airave doesn't do much good if your internet connection is a SPRINT HOTSPOT!

Master

Nope, that it won't. If you don't have a data connection to begin with then the Airave won't help either.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

so it sounds like all of us here (I am reading lots of posts with different area codes) are stuck with SPRINT and no or little service! But yet they say on their commercials they have service everywhere!   You would think they would take our concerns to heart and try to improve service on the towers at the very least.  I am so so disappointment with them Smiley Sad

Master

I reached out to some Sprint reps to see if one will pop in and be able to assist.

--

Journeyman

I've been holding on to that hope since 2002.  Clearly I'm a sucker.

Journeyman mts
Journeyman

Based on your zip code, you should have service.

If you don’t have usable service, just switch providers. It’s not hard to port your number.

Every major carrier advertises national coverage. Where I live, Verizon barely has a signal but Sprint has nearly full service. It really depends on where you live/work/use your phone to determine who the best provider is. There are also factors outside of Sprint’s control that can interfere with what “should” be covered per the map.

Switch to whatever carrier works well in your area. Ask your neighbors who they use and who has good service. If you’re this upset with Sprint, if you call Executive Customer Relations, they’ll usually waive the fees to leave as long as you return your phone in good condition, have documentation of prior trouble calls, and are polite. Without internet, none of their signal boosting devices are going to help you. 

Journeyman

Does this work with mobile hotspots?  The sprint pocket WiFi or r850?

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Since the Magic Box it's an LTE booster and the R850 is a LTE capable device we can say that it will work just fine.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

So this works with the sprint zte pocket wifi as well?

Sprint Social Care

Like I mentioned, as long as it is an LTE capable device, will be able to work.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.