cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Magic Box

Sprint Social Care

Re: Sprint Magic Box

Hello alovingmommyof3.

Thanks for reaching out. Let me tell you a little about the Magic Box so that you can determine if the Magic Box is what you need.

What Is Sprint Magic Box? Sprint Magic Box is the world's first all-wireless small cell. Sprint Magic Box provides customers with a faster, more reliable data experience inside their homes and businesses. Customers will have an even better indoor experience streaming video, surfing the web, and using their favorite online apps and services.

Coverage and Performance: Sprint designed the Sprint Magic Box so that customers in the surrounding areas will also enjoy the benefits of the locally installed unit. The Sprint Magic Box can benefit adjacent Sprint customers inside the building. Sprint Magic Box supports 64 simultaneous users.

How does a customer qualify? Sprint Magic Box is designed for customers that need better data coverage indoors, and it requires the ability to operate wirelessly with backhaul provided by an outdoor macro cell site.

The simple qualifying process ensures that Sprint Magic Box is the best solution for that particular customer location. The Magic Box is one per account.

Availability: Sprint Magic Box is free to qualifying customers. It will initially be available to business customers followed by availability to consumers. Businesses and consumers interested in signing-up for the Sprint Magic Box can visit www.sprint.com/getmagicbox. 

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have yet to hear from sprint if I can receive a magic box! I applied for one on 06/02/17-- 5 weeks ago, I have a  Franklin r850 mobile hotspot. The sprint coverage area for my address at zip 42320 shows to be excellent,but the best I can get is 2 bars in the winter and 1 bar when the leaves are on the trees. Signal drop is a constant problem no matter where I position the unit. My question is how long should I wait for a response from sprint? Should I reapply or just forget about it and buy a 4g lte booster?

Sprint Social Care

Hello BWB53, we have a high volume of requests and we are trying to reply to all of them in the order that they came in. Please wait for us to reply to your request. We appreciate your patience.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Question on cell towers and bands, Where can I get sprints cell towers locations and what bands they broadcast on. I need to know for zip 42320 and if any uses Band 41 for Lte plus.  A phone number for someone with this knowledge would be nice.

Thanks

GrandMaster

an agent can tell you if towers around there have the LTE bands or not but you wont get actual locations.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

It would also help if you posted the nearest cross streets for your location so the can narrow down the closest to you.

As for actual locations, there's apps you can download in the play store or app store depending on phone, that help with that.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Someone from sprint please.

Magic box response from sprint after answering their questions was  "Individual account holders are able to receive the Magic Boxes as well.  I went ahead and checked your address but I am showing this is not a location that is receiving them yet."

Account Manager, Business Inside Sales Organization

What does (yet) mean? 1 month, 6 months, One year, never? I email her back and asked, but no response. My hot spot unit works with band 41 and the 2 nearby cell towers to me according to sprints tech support uses band 41 for 4g Lte .

Can I get a better answer than (yet) You know something like this. You qualify  for a magic box  and will be contacted in the near future or your mane has been added to the costumer list to receive the magic box when available

GrandMaster

there is no confirmed date on when these things will be pushed out to you..the answer you received already is pretty much the same answer you will get in here.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

About the only thing we do know at this time is that it will go to businesses before consumers according to the launch post that was posted a couple months ago. After that, it will be qualifying consumers. But when that will be, don't know as mentioned.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

You can't even sign up for it.  I went into a Sprint store last weekend ready to drop them!  I have been a loyal customer paying over $200 a month for 13 years!  I am so tired of their customer service issues and their coverage is horrible.  I have an AT&T work phone and I never have problems when I travel or at home.  Unfortunately, my Sprint coverage is spotty at best.  I was told in the store that all of this is fixed with the Magic Box and I was given a phone number to call and order one for free...

I called and I was told that they are not taking any orders for the "Magic" box unless I have a business.  There is NO PLACE on this website to pre-register or order one either.  I also see in many blogs and Vlogs that most people are denied for one depending on their tower.  So... now I'm locked in for another 18 months.  Sigh... Sprint - get it together please, CLEARLY I want to like you... you're so disappointing though.

GrandMaster

it only boosts data signal from the tower..it doesnt cover voice.
Journeyman

Do you know much about the status of the Magic Boxes and when they will be provided? I've submitted a request for a Magic Box but have heard nothing.  If they started to ship on August 18th, when will I find out if I'm receiving one?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.