cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Magic Box

Sprint Employee

Re: Sprint Magic Box

That is very true Fireguy,

I talk to a lot of customers, many have moved from Airave to WiFi Calling in areas where they have trouble with service. The main reason for this migration is that WiFi Calling typically offers higher data speeds since it’s connected directly to your WiFi., There are several factors that make a difference. First you would need a stable , land based high speed internet (like local cable/fiber optic not satellite) If you want to check your connection to determine if it’s related to WiFi Calling problems you can check Quality of Service, and general consistency using nearly any VOIP test (this also is helpful in locating airave problems). Secondly if your WiFi Calling is cutting out in certain locations versus during certain times of day it may be related to coverage from your WiFi router, in which case you may benefit from a newer/more capable router. The biggest advantage with the Magic box is that it’s a network relay and does not require a land based high speed connection, It will help you Improve LTE receptions if you have weak indoor LTE, or slow LTE. If your phone has LTE Plus then you can also improve your voice service. Airave now is considered more of a last resort for most in cases where you have dropped calls/weak voice service, and WiFi Calling is not working.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman mts
Journeyman

I live in the definition of a place where a Magicbox is needed. LTE Signal is near 115db, won't load any webpages or make a reliable call, but our phones hang onto that tiny LTE signal. I have to force it into CDMA/3G mode or go outside for anything to work. Right next to a major Los Angeles freeway, go figure. Not like we live in the boonies. 

Please send me a magic box. I requested it a long time ago. It would also help my roommates and neighbors. 

Master

When was the last time you did the Check Eligibility?

(Link Removed at the request of Magic Box Support)

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman mts
Journeyman

According to the site:

Available in this area.

Sprint Employee

Please send me a private message, I can take a closer look.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

We just moved to a new house and our phones won’t work on Sprint inside the new house. The Sprint coverage map shows great coverage here though! Looking to switch to another carrier, but then I noticed the “magic box” on this forum. Checked our address and it qualifies - but I can’t figure out how to order one.  Please advise. 

Thank you. - Craig

Journeyman mts
Journeyman

Craig, I'm in exactly the same situation. Sprint has a magic box en route to me, which I'm excited about. Wait for a private message from customer care that monitors these forums; they were extremely fast and helpful in responding. 

Sprint Social Care

Hello Scamper71, allow us the opportunity to assist you and improve your service. I'd like to review your coverage area, please provide me your nearest cross streets and ZIP code.

Also, I'd like to ask you some questions: Does the problem relate to data or to calls and text? Does it happen in one or several locations? Does this occur inside or outside buildings? Does your devices has the latest software? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thank you Mayorin - here is some info on my situation. Updated PRL on iPhone X & iPhone 6s. Series 3 Apple Watch  and both iPhones are running latest iOS 11.2. Cross street - Lakeview Ct and E Lakeview Dr. 74066.  Data does not work at all inside - sporadically outside.  Data and voice work well on LTE if I drive north, west, or east about half a mile.

Sprint Social Care

Graig, after reviewing your area, I see that there is good coverage and everything is working properly. I'd like to continue to assist you in a private tread, I have sent you a Private Message, feel free to reply at your earliest convenience.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Community Manager

**Folks, we know how excited many of you are at the prospect of obtaining a Magic Box and we definitely want to get these into as many homes and businesses as possible. 

Due to a HUGE response to the release Sprint is not currently accepting new applications.  We will continue working through our current list of qualified customers as quickly as we can and will restore the eligibility check and sign up process as soon as we can.

If you've already been approved for a Magic Box and are waiting on shipping or were informed that your unit had shipped and have not yet received it, please let us know so that we can assist.

I am closing this thread to new comments and will post an announcement at the top of the forum about the temporary freeze on sign-ups**

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.