cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint TV- Shows NEVER load

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint TV- Shows NEVER load

I have had problems with Sprint Tv since getting my phone (LG Rumor Touch) in June 2010.  I am on the everything data share 1500 plan, internet is not blocked- can connect to the web with no problem.  However, can never get a show to load on SprintTV.  The channels list will pop up after some time and when I choose a show, it just loads and loads...and loads and loads.  It never actually starts- ever.  Even when I am in an area where I have all bars.  If I can connect to the internet, I don't understand why this application will never work properly. 

Does anyone have a fix for this?  That doesn't require going to the store since they can never figure it out or don't actually listen to what the problem is?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: Sprint TV- Shows NEVER load

The device team is current investigating why some Rumor Touch devices are having this behavior and others aren't.

I have gotten some to work by updating the data profile and having it clear the old info out. I don't know off the top of my head though where the option on the Rumot Touch is however, I think it is somewhere around Settings > Data > Update Profile.

Journeyman

I constantly get "Error 2114 The profile update could not be completed.  Please Try Again Later" message

I have been trying to update my data profile since June...same time frame that I have been trying to update my firmware (which I was FINALLY able to update the firmware last night by downloading the LG Mobile Update software from LG site and plugging phone into the computer, but I shouldn't have to go that route- this phone should have not come out to market with all the problems it has. 

Master

That issue I've never seen that error code before. I would recommend taking the phone into a service location and have a technician take a look at it. It sounds to me like something is corrupted in there and its causing issues all over the place.

Journeyman

I have three Rumor Touches and Sprint TV does not work on any of them. I have spoken with tech support, advanced tech support, been into the store (4 trips) and was actually given a brand new handset. Sprint TV still does not work (all other data services work fine, data signal is good, firmware and profile have been updated, hard resets have been done...).  Sprint TV was one of the major reasons for purchasing this phone and I am paying for the service each month (4 months now).  The online documentation for the phone, as well as the salespeople who encouraged me to choose this model, stated that the phone has Sprint TV. This appears to be a well documented problem but no solution has been offered by any Sprint representative that I have spoken with. Has Sprint resolved the issue or will they be replacing Rumor Touches with a handset that is compatible with Sprint TV and providing a credit for services paid for but not provided?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.