cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint TV for Iphone 5 not loading

Journeyman

Re: Sprint TV for Iphone 5 not loading

No. He set me up for a for an appointment at the local Sprint Store, and just said turn up when I want in the next 10 days.  I'll ask for one in the future.

Journeyman

SprintTV does not work on my Iphone 5 either. Tried everything (reinstallation, disable wifi, update profile, reboot the phone) and the app just fails to load.

Wizard

Teddy008,

If you could, please send me a private message with your phone number and pin number. I will open a ticket for out engineering group to take a look at this.

Journeyman

Hey sweet134, I got this from abe2020 and it works:

Are you using Wi-Fi service to upload Sprint TV? I would suggest you to turn off Wi-Fi service, power off device2 minutes and power back on  and then update data profile( From the home screen, tap Phone/On the keypad, dial ##873283#, then tap Call./Tap OK.The handset will search for profile updates and install them. When the update is complete, tap OK) on the iPhone.

Let me know

Journeyman

I have an iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1. Other than the app itself not being optimized for the iPhone 5 that Sprint massively advertises, it just keeps loading. Unfortunately, I am in San Diego and do not have LTE even though I pay for the premium data charge. I have started the app with LTE obviously off and WIFI off on 5 bars of 3G. It keeps loading. I've force closed the app and tried again to no avail. I've removed and reinstalled the app without any success. With the number of apps and data that I have on my phone, I really do not wish to have to restore and most of the time, unless a clean restore and manual install of each and every app is done, a restore is pointless.

I see how Sprint engineers can't see that there is a known issue when the app reviews are all about how this app doesn't work for those with an iphone 5. Sprint is pretty good at charging people for services they can't provide. Unlimited 4G LTE, but still no LTE here in San Diego. SprintTV app that provides free channels, but doesn't work on the iPhone 5. The app itself isn't optimized for the iphone 5.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Injen92130, I had the same problem in Reno. However, when I took a trip to San Luis Obispo, it worked great and continues to in Arizona.  Sprint doesn't want to own up to the problem, but it has something to do with antennas in specific areas.

Journeyman

Sprint TV was loading continually on my iPhone5, as well. I am in Boise, ID. WiFi is off (gives a warning and will stop continuous loading if WiFi is on). I performed the service update. It said it needed a network connection to stream. I turned on WiFi again, and after a few minutes, I check the Sprint TV app, where I found a message to turn OFF WiFi so Sprint TV could load. I did that, went back to the app, and FINALLY, I had the app on my phone.

Journeyman

@PaintingDragonWings.  Thank you so much for providing this information!  @Sweet134, try this and let us know if it works!

*Shannon

Social Care

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.