Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint and Google Voice Integration

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint and Google Voice Integration

A few weeks ago I changed my rate plan and since then I have not been able to get ANY automated texts through my google voice. Then just recently when i try to go through the process again to re-add my integrate with GV it get a message stating that its not possible and I need to contact sprint. I have attached the message on a screen shot

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Sprint and Google Voice Integration

What changed about your rate plan?

The texts from Google Voice use DATA, and I believe your only choice these days is to use hangouts.

A little over a year ago I used integration from Sprint, but now I do not.  I have an unlocked Nexus 5 using Google Voice with AT&T as my provider.

All that Google Voice Integration with Sprint gave me was better texting support, but Hangouts took care of me completely.

The big deal is that you MUST have a data plan or be on WiFi for texts with Google Voice.

Highlighted
Master

aforesaidace - Thank you for reaching out to us. Please click this link http://bit.ly/1qQty1X , so we can further assist you. We appreciate your patience. - Latonya
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a similar issue. I have been using google voice for several years now. I changed my plan, and received an email from Sprint saying that my GV integration was cancelled. I have spent about 3 hours in total trying to work with Sprint folks on chat, and although they have tried to be helpful, they have not been able to resolve anything.

When I attempt to use my Sprint number as my google voice number, as I have done in the past, I am unable to integrate the two together. The only option I receive for a gv number is to port my number to google.

I cannled google, and they said it is a sprint issue. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

odd..Google was supposed to shut down GV here coming up soon seeing as how they updated it to Hangouts instead. Hangouts is the new and supposedly improved Google Voice.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

The same thing has happened to me. I loved the GV feature to forward my cell calls to work. Is there a way I can forward my calls to work, where it ring on both phones?

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.