Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint bad cell Phone reception

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint bad cell Phone reception

Hello Sprint users,

I am basically trying to conevy you all how bad in sprint reception where i live.

I am sprint from July 2011. Everything was fine & well until i was in Charlotte. I njoyed Sprint unlimited data plan and the employer discounts too. I moved to Newark, DE in May 2012 and this is when i started facing problems with Sprint reception.

Anywhere in the city i never got full Sprint Cell Phone reception.  Few times i called Sprint Customer care and they told me there is some network outage and sprint is working on restoring the connection. It seems they are having the outages for 2-3 months because i never got better reception at my home.  Sprint gave me airwave to my home and added an extra $ 5 as surcharge to my monthly bill. When i tried calling Sprint and explaining them how bad is there service, one of the manager from customer care is telling me "by seeing your records we see that you are able to use our service and there is just 5 % of call drop which is negligible" I had nothing to say infront of them. I do not wanted to drag the situation.

Anywhere in the city i go , they have a bad reception. I dont know why sprint does not work on their cell phone towers. I see that AT&T give good signal reception where i dont get Sprint towers.  Due to bad reception , my Cell Phone keep searching the tower and this results in draining my phone bettery. Trust me guys, i have seen my Cell Phone battery drains in 2-3 hours itself even if i dont make any calls. Reason being Phone battery is used in searching for towers.

I am literally frustrated with this service of Sprint. They arent taking me from the contract because they are telling i am in the network coverage area.  I am left with no option other than switching to AT&T guys.

Another bad thing about sprint is bad 3G data speed. OMG. Their speed literally sucks. Can you believe ? I get the speed of 400 KBPS download & 300/200 KBPS of upload. Cant even see a Youtube video without bufferring.

I am trying to let Sprint know from this forum that how there customers are frustrated and they should do something to make customer experience better and not keep telling via customer service some crap things which is unacceptable.

Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Wizard

Re: Sprint bad cell Phone reception

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with coverage in your area. If you would, please tell me your zip code and two major cross streets so that I can take a look at the network performance in your area. Thanks in advance.

Journeyman

I can't get reception much of the time in Florence ky though people with other cellphone providers do great. Sprints customer service is terrible and the contract is unreasonable. As soon as I can get out I'm gone.

Journeyman

Hi, thanks for taking time and responding.

Across the Newark, DE i would say. I cant take any road name because reception is kinda ok on the main roads for example Route 4, 7 , 273. But the moment you get into a restuarant, shop or home reception dip down to 1 bar and even that keep gng and coming.

Wizard

What is your zip code in Newark, DE?

Journeyman

Wizard

Thanks for the prompt response. After searching the zip code, I see that we have some tower maintenance ongoing in your area. ETR is set for 9/26/2012 at 09:10 CST.I have attached the details below. Let me know if you need any additional information.

Single Cellsite 9322994 At 2012/07/29 10:55:40 we experienced the following Problem(s) in the Philadelphia Metro : Philadelphia Market: Single Cellsite (Intermittent service) Field technician has been engaged. 4 09/26/2012 09:10:00 CST
Journeyman

Thank you for the response.

But my question still remain.  Is this outage ongoing from June ? I moved to Newark, DE from Charlotte, NC somewhere in the last week of May 2012 but everytime there is some outage going on for Sprint towers on that zip code .   Why is sprint still charging me for full plan if there towers arent functioning well.

Wizard

The ticket above was opened 7/29/2012. Adjustments are looked at on a case by case basis. Once we can determine that the issue has been fully resolved, we can take a look at the total amount of days that you were affected and offer a fair adjustment based on usage.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.