cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint won't unlock phone after 3 months! They're thieves!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint won't unlock phone after 3 months! They're thieves!!!!!

I've been trying for three months to have my phone unlocked. Sprint reps have told me no problem, it'll be 72 hours, it'll be 48 hours, it'll be five days, we can't because you owe us money, you can't because your phone has been inactive, etc. So yesterday I thought I was going to have a successful conversation, to no avail. I'm no longer going to pay Sprint until they handle this. I do owe them money now, but I didn't when they promised my phone would be unlocked. Guess what? They don't care. Representative  was extremely rude. Sprint not only owes me an unlock, but I've suffered so much distress dealing with them and frankly, I believe they owe me a check for all the time in my life that I've spent on them that I'll never get back. I've never been so frustrated with a company before. Their service is TERRIBLE and it's quite obvious they do not care about their customers.

4 REPLIES 4
GrandMaster

Re: Sprint won't unlock phone after 3 months! They're thieves!!!!!

while you were trying to get this phone unlocked..is it active on an account/line? if not is it turned on and connected to wifi?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

No, it is not active since I upgraded to a new phone. I'm not sure if it's connected to WiFi when trying, but I don't think so. I gave it to my friend and I did a factory reset beforehand. They're going to bring me the phone until this is resolved. Does that make a difference?
Sprint Social Care

Hi @CocoGigio, I've sent you a private message, please feel free to check your inbox.

Jey
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

if its no longer on an active line and not turned on with the Sprint sim card in it AND connected to wifi then it can not receive the signal..which in turn will show as unlocked on Sprints side when its actually not..the hold up is on your devices side

there must be a data connection in order to receive the unlock signal.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.