cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop using Google Voice with your Sprint number

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am trying to set up Google Voice, using my Sprint phone number as my Google Voice number. I was sent an e-mail from Google saying Sprint customers can receive the full range of Google Voice features by using their Sprint phone number as their Google Voice number. But when I try to set up Google Voice through my Sprint number, I am only allowed the features of Google Voice Lite. This is the response the web site spits out:

Unfortunately there are no Google Voice setup options available for this mobile phone number at this time. Click on the Back button below to setup Google Voice with a new number.

What is going on?

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Have you tried contacting Google about this?

I use Google Voice for my voicemail and have absolutely no problems with it. I haven't tried using any other GV features though.

Journeyman

You can set up Google Voice (GV) with another # for your GV # and have all calls, texts, voicemails forwarded to your Sprint phone.  Then, when calling from your Sprint phone, you can choose whether to call via your Sprint phone # or your GV #.

Wizard

Hello!

Without more information it is difficult to say why it is not giving you option to intergrate Google Voice with your Sprint Service. Generally speaking, the odds are the issue is the account type you have with us as at the moment only some account types can make use of this service. If you have your service through your work or as part of a business, chances are that is what is causing the problem.

I hope that gives you a better idea of what may be going on and why you are not yet able to setup Google Voice with your Sprint number.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.