cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped Receiving Texts from only one user. HELP!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Have been using GV for several months now and it has really been a great app until now.

My girlfriend (who is on Verizon) and I text back and forth all day as we live on different coasts right now.  As of yesterday morning, I cannot receive any texts from her via GV on phone or on PC.  I have had several other ppl text me from other carriers with no issues.  I have tried logging off and back in both on phone and on PC, have checked and rechecked every setting, nothing seems to change.  We can both send and receive to anyone else and I can send to her with no issues, she just can't respond.  She had Verizon check her service and there are no issues with it according to them.

Using Sprint Webtexter (Zipwhip), I can send and receive msgs from her and it forwards to GV with no problem.  I did a 9999 list and she is not blocked in any way.

Please help!  I really don't want to quit using GV as I have two different phones that I use and it makes it very easy to do this with only one number...

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

I'm having the same issue not receiving text from just one number.  I've messed with all the Google Voice settings, and have done a reset of my phone.  I received all of the messages that the other person had sent me all at once, but now I'm not receiving any messages again.  MMS works fine but not SMS.

Journeyman

Im having the issue with not receiving msgs from my mom who is verizon and its just recent. she can recieve mine. Im fully integrated with GV on an Evo 3d. I checked all my GV settings with no avail. N just recently about 4 out 5 calls i recieve go straight to voicemail.

Journeyman

Re: Stopped Receiving Texts from only one user. HELP!!!

I am having the exact same issue. I have sprint and I have my number connected to my GV account. Everything works find except for one of my contacts. He is on verizon. I can receive MMS but not SMS from him. He can receive all of the texts I send him. I have checked all of my settings and can't find anything. Checked my GV spam folder and non of his texts are there. He doesn't get any error messages or anything.
This started the day he got an iPhone. We used to text back and forth all of the time, but the day he got his iPhone I can only receive his MMS messages now.

Journeyman

Re: Stopped Receiving Texts from only one user. HELP!!!

Same thing is happening to me.  One person in my contacts, who has verizon, receives my texts but I do not receive their texts,  I do receive all other texts even from others on verizon.  Verizon says it is a sprint problem, but sprint has not responded.  Any suggestions?  We have each power cycled, deleted, reloaded, but no joy.     :-(

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.