cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion: Sprint, please make it easier to switch between phones on the fly.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Suggestion: Sprint, please make it easier to switch between phones on the fly.

IDK if this will get anywhere but here goes. Back in the day (with AT&T) when a phone stopped working switching to your back-up was as easy as swapping the SIM and you were good to go, however I'm  sure the complexity of mobile networks make this difficult today. However, now that I have accumulated a couple phones with Sprint, particularly an iPhone 6 and a 7+, I would like to be able to swap between them especially due to their form factors. I have seen some info about switching online, and many suggestions that it was fast and easy (but they were old), and attempting to test it on my own only resulted in a webpage insisting that I call customer service. Maybe it truly did just fail,  but there still has to be an easier way.

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager

Re: Suggestion: Sprint, please make it easier to switch between phones on the fly.

Hey @Pigeon_Man, I apoloize for the delayed response here.  I can definitely understand that frustration, even I sometimes have a hard time with the swap/activation page.  I do know that we're working on a newer version of that system that should be much better once launched.   Meantime, I will pass along your feedback.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Master

Re: Suggestion: Sprint, please make it easier to switch between phones on the fly.

It's actually very easy. I do it all the time. Simply go to the following,

http://sprint.us/activate

Keep in mind, this assumes the phone has, at one time or another, been in use on the Sprint network. A new phone that doesn't have it's MEID in the Sprint Database is another story altogether.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community Manager

Thanks @smotrs but that's the page we're both referring to.  The OP is not alone in his report, some customers find that they often encounter error messages and have to chat or visit a store to complete a swap.  It happens to me more than half the time.  I know that we're working on improving the system, so wanted to provide reassurance that his needs and that of other customers are not being ignored.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Master

Thanks for clarifying, wasn't positive it was the same location so I threw it out there in case as well as my experience with it.

As I mentioned, I've done it a number of times without problems. But as with anything, your mileage may be different.  🙂

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.