cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched from Verizon to Sprint with ported Verizon number-now google voice doesn't work

Highlighted
Journeyman

Switched from Verizon to Sprint with ported Verizon number-now google voice doesn't work

I recently switched from Verizon to Sprint.  When I switched over, I had my Verizon number ported to my new Sprint phone and now my google voice isn't working properly. 

I had two numbers my cell number and a google voice number.  My google voice number would ring on my cell phone and I could make calls either from my cell number or google voice number.

When someone tries to call my google number now it doesn't ring on my phone, but goes straight to voice mail.  Also, when I download Google voice from the Play store and try to sign in it doesn't give me my an option for my cell number (one that was ported from Verizon), when I try to add it, it doesn't verify the number and just says their is a problem.

How can I fix this so that Google Voice works like it did when I had Verizon?

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Sprint Employee

Re: Switched from Verizon to Sprint with ported Verizon number-now google voice doesn't work

Hello missellie1974, I'm sorry that you've had trouble. Which carrier do you see when you sign in to www.sprint.com/voice from a computer, then you select Settings > Phones and click Edit for the phone number that you ported from Verizon to Sprint?

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Re: Switched from Verizon to Sprint with ported Verizon number-now google voice doesn't work

When I log into google.com/voice I see my google voice number and next to that it says (Change/Port) or Delete

When I try to add my ported cell number from verizon i get this message: "Cannot add another Google Voice phone number as a forwarding number"

Sprint Employee

Hello missellie1974, when you sign in to your google voice account, what do you see when you click the gear icon in upper right, then settings?

Journeyman

When I click settings, the first tab is Phones and it says what my Google Voice Number is (which is the number I got from google, not my cell number).  Then there are other tabs I can click on 'Voicemail & Text', 'Calls', 'Groups & Circles', 'Call Widgets', 'Billing', 'Account'.

Also, when people call my cell number and I don't answer it goes to voice mail, but instead of picking up the voice message I recorded, it's says the 'Google subsriber you are trying to reach is not available'.  Even though I set up my google voice mail.

Hope this information is helpful!'

Sprint Employee

Hello again, below is a screenshot (edited for content) of my google voice phone's settings, how does yours differ?

RC1024voice.jpg

Journeyman

This is how my screen looks.  When I try to add another phone (my cell number) it won't let me.

gvoice1.jpg

Sprint Employee

Hello, thank you, how long has it been since you had ported? Is the number listed as your google voice number in the picture different than the number you ported from Verizon to Sprint?

Journeyman

I just switched from Verizon to Sprint on Friday. I had my old Verizon cell number ported on Friday . The number in picture is the number I got from Google and not the number I had ported. 

Do you think it's to soon and that's why things aren't working right?

Sprint Employee

Typically wireless port in will complete within 72 hours, If you will send a private message to me, I can look a little closer. Thank you, Chris.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.